Chapter 16: Date and confessions (part 1)

Cartref (n): A place of feeling or belonging; home

It was official. Ophelia was going on a date with Jasper tonight. There was just one problem, however, she didn't bring enough clothing.

She panicked as she went through her suitcase, searching for something date-wear appropriate. Back the Wickridge household the smokey clouds covered the once blue sky. Ophelia did a rain check on the weather. No rain, just a normal cloudy day. A knock at the door startled her.

"Hey", Alice and Rosalie stood there. "You guys scared me", she chuckled and gestured them to come in.

"Sorry". The vampires observed her room. Light grey walls covered with a string of fairy lights above the double bed. The natural light of sun shone through the blinds. A pair of blush pink pointe shoes next to the closet.

"Esme did a great job", Ophelia says, seeing them look around.

"Yeah", Alice squeaks. "Anyway, what brings you here?", Ophelia asks. Rosalie walks to her suitcase and shuts it, "We are going shopping"

"C'mon", Alice pulls her up and gets her jacket from the coat hanger.

"Really? That's wonderful, I need new clothes", Ophelia exclaimed. The ballerina texted Émile saying she was going shopping with the girls. If Ophelia was staying In Forks longer than expected, she might as well shop.

Rosalie's red Mercedes convertable was parked in front of the garage. "Sweet ride", Ophelia commented and the blonde smirked. "So, I was thinking", Alice spoke as the trio set off, "maybe a dress and heels-oh wedges! Definitely those"

"I'm fine with anything as long as it doesn't show unnecessary skin", Ophelia half jokes. Her bones were more visible than before, making her look like she hadn't been eating much or none at all. Carlisle prescribed her with medication to help with nutrition. She hoped it'll help her gain weight. Her spirits were brought down.

"Of course Phee"

The engine of the convertible roared loud, speeding on the highway.

"Where exactly are we going?", she asked.

"Capital Mall". Ophelia's eyes widened and looked at the pixie haired girl.

"Alice are you crazy?! That's almost three hours from here".

Her date was tonight, she didn't have three to spare. Her heart thumped against her ribcage.

"Relax Ophelia. We'll be there in under an hour", Rosalie says, looking at her in the rear view mirror. She didn't understand what Rose meant but that quickly shrugged away when her head stuck to the seats. Her hair flying in all directions.

"Bloody hell!", she shrieked. Alice grinned loving going fast, zooming past the cars.

Rosalie changed gears constantly and pressed the gas. Ophelia figured she loved cars or mechanics. She tried to relax by concentrating on something else or someone.

An image of her favourate vampire smiled at her. Long honey locks and golden eyes indeed occupied her mind other than Rose's driving. She loved it when he called her darling. Ophelia wondered about all the things that could happen on their date. Where was he even taking her?

The car came to a stop and the engine died down. "We're here!", Alice says cheerfully. She opened her eyes and there stood what she was assuming to be Capital Mall.

Two hands flatened her wind blown hair. "Thanks". The weather hadn't changed at all, still cloudy. The girls' looped their arms and entered the mall.

There first stop was Marcy's. She tried on the dress that Alice picked. It was a denim tie up shirt dress. She turned around observing the dress in the mirror. Her boney legs said no to the dress. "C'mon let's see it"