Chapter 21: Sister

Catharsis (n): The purging or release of emotional tensions, esp, through kinds of art or music

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You did this to her!", Jasper marched to Edward. Jasper was fuming, he could kill him right there.

Edward never dared to utter a word. He was too guilty for setting off Ophelia like that. Rosalie shot death glares him, silently saying 'Do that again, i dare you'.

"She told you twice and you still didn't listen! Now look at her!", Jasper cornered him. Edward kept quiet still, he never meant to do that. This was all his fault.

Émile was fully recovered from the cracks on his arms. He wondered how did she get the strength to do that.

"You know what she went through, don't you?! You've read her mind"

"Answer me!"

"Jasper, calm down", Émile stood between them. As much as he was angry, fighting never solved anything, it only made matters worse.

"I know you're angry but stop it", Émile hissed at him.

Bella carefully stood up from the sofa. She had enough of this. "All of you, stop this"

Edward was quick to be by his wife's side but she turned away from him. "Fighting is not gonna solve anything, I'm going to see my sister"

Right now, the only thing that mattered to Bella besides her baby, was her elder sister. She slowly walked up the stairs holding the railing for support.

It was rare that roles of sisters were reversed. Bella had to play big (little) sister now. Ophelia only trusted two people in her life, Émile and Bella.

Ophelia would call her sister to vent out about Scott. She would always listen. Bella didn't have any advice to give but to go to the police. She refused, however. Bella would be tempted to tell Charlie or Renee

The poor girl had endured two years of constant emotional and physical tortue. Isabella was amazed by how she managed to hold on. There was this night where Ophelia was driven off edge, she wanted to commit suicide. Thank God, Bella had a strange feeling that night to call her. She talked her out of it with tears and shouts. Charlie wasn't home yet (thankfully).

Bella made it to the room where Ophelia laid. She sat down next to her. Her face was red, stained with tears. Her hair was all over the place. Bella never witnessed a panic attack before. She was distraught.

Tears welled up at the sight of her condition. "I'm so sorry Phee", she uttered, stroking the hair out of her face. Ophelia's eyes creaked open.

"Sorry"

"Bells", she whispered. Ophelia didn't think twice before moving closer to her sister.

"You didn't have to come check me", she chuckled.

"Don't be silly, I had too", she smiled.

"I'm sorry about Edward. I'll make sure he apologises"

"It's fine. I overreacted-"

"You didn't", Bella says sternly.

Ophelia raised her brow and laughed, "Look at you, being the older sister"

"That's what I'm here for. You don't always have to be"

"Want to bet", Ophelia joked.

"Oh shush", Bella laughed, "I'm glad you're okay"

"Me too. That was scary. I thought they were gone for good, I guess not"

"Do they know?"

"I think I owe them an explanation", Ophelia sighed.

"Tomorrow then", Bella told her, "When you're fully refreshed"

"Okay big sister. Hey, how's my little one doing?", she rubbed Bella's stomach.

"Jacob suggested that I try blood instead of eating normal food. It really helped. I mean, the baby is sort of a vampire"

"That makes sense. Thought of any names yet?"

"Yeah. If it's a boy, EJ. Edward and Jacob. If it's a girl, Renesmee"

"I really hope it's a girl. Renesmee is beautiful bells. How'd you think of it?"

"A combination of Esme and mom's names"

"Blimey, how creative. A middle name?"

"Yes. Charlie"

"That's adorable Bella", she was already in love with her neice/nephew.

"Thanks. And what about work, are they not suspecting something?", Bella asked

"Émile told them I fell extremely ill and couldn't make it back until I got better. Pretty much the same like what you did with dad", she explained.

"Dad still thinks I'm on my honeymoon", Bella sighed. "I just wish I could tell him"

"I know how you feel but the less people know, the safer they'll be", Ophelia says looking out the window.

"You're right"

"I'm not hurting you, am I?", she didn't want to crush her sisters fragile bones.

"No, not at all", Bella shook her head.

They lay in comfortable silence in each each other's embrace. The bond they shared was incomparable. Sisters forever. A bond that can falter but never break.

The person whom you can tell your deepest, most secrets to. A bestfriend, a mother. A sister. She can be the most annoying person you'll ever know but will still protect you from evil.

Sisters are the second version of Mother. If someone messes with you, she'll become the most baddest bitch to exist. You can always count on her to break someone's nose with a smile across their face.

Family is not determined by blood but by loyalty, behavior. It's about the person you'll take a bullet for. You'll sacrifice your own happiness for the sake of theirs. If you attack her, you attack the other as well.

"I'm glad I was chosen to be your big sister", Ophelia told Bella wholeheartedly.

She was glad that Charlie and Renee chose her at the orphanage. There were many cases in which a child was placed into the wrong family. God only knows what would have happened if she was in another family.

"Me too Ophelia, me too"

Oh, how she loved her family more than you could ever imagine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone!! This is a very short chapter that I've been waiting forever to write. I wanted a chapter to focus on Ophelia and Bella's relationship. So, this was the perfect timing to do so. Thank you so much for reading and voting❤️