Chapter 18: Home

Burgeon (v): Begin to grow or increase rapidly; Flourish

Recap

"Ophelia?"

"Yes?"

"You're my mate"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ophelia's POV

I couldn't be more happier knowing i was Jasper's mate. I get to spend the rest of my life with this amazing person. "I am?"

"Yeah"

"Well, thank god cause I can't bear not having you in my life", I wrapped my arms around him and whispered. "You're not mad?"

"Of course not Jasper"

We stood there for a moment in silence, both listening to my heartbeat slow. For once in my life, I wasn't scared of love anymore. This was the love I waited for, prayed for. I inwardly thanked God, guess he heard my pleas afterall...

"Let's get going darling. Émile would kill me if I keep you out here any longer"

I rolled my eyes and he carried me bridal style back to motorcycle. Hey God? while your still at it, can I marry him now...please

When we arrived home, there was a question that was bugging me for some time now and I had to ask Jasper.

"Hey Jas?"

"Yes darling?"

"Did Alice vision me coming here to Forks?"

Jasper furrowed his brows before answering, "Suprisingly, no"

"I also wondered about that. Alice's visions are subjective, the future isn't set in stone. It depends on what the person chooses"

His jaw set when he said that, and his eyes darted to my face and away so quickly that I wasn't sure if I only imagined it. I could tell from his face, he would say no more on this subject. I suppressed my curiosity, though it was far from idle. 

We were parked in front of my house now, and he'd turned off the truck. It was very quiet and dark, the moon was barley there. Émile said he would be here, so why are the lights off?

Jasper suddenly burst out laughing. I looked at him confused, "What's the matter?"

"Someone's busy", he teased. 

"What do you mean?"

"Listen carefully darling", he says. I learn forward, listening to whatever I'm supposed to hear. My faced paled when I heard distant moaning. I gasped and stared at the house. Émile was with Alice...and they were...you know...getting busy...

I cleared my throat, catching the attention of Jasper. "What do we do now?"

"Well, we could give them surprise", he grinned mischiviously. "Jasper Hale!", I jabbed his arm.

"Yes mam", his southern was thick and now I was a blushing mess. 

"We're going to my place", he told me. I couldn't believe Émile would do this. I could've told me he wanted to spend time with alice. What I knew for sure, is that I'm going tease him about it all day tomorrow. 

We rode off to the Cullens.

I stepped inside we went down the hall to the kitchen. Emmet suddenly jumped in front of us out of no where. I shrieked and ended up falling backwards, but thankfully Jasper caught me. "What the bloody hell Emmet!"

He held his stomach as he went into a rolling fit, leaning against the wall for support. Jasper glared at him and Rosalie appeared, smacking Emmet on the head. "Sorry about that Phee"