Chapter 8: Meeting my In-laws (part 1)

Ineffable (a.): Too great or extreme to be expressed or described in words

Ophelia's POV

"Do you have to go?", Paul said through the phone as I sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Do I have to go? Paul, I need to go. I can't not attend my sister's wedding", trying to reason with Paul was mission: impossible. This was Isabella's big day, I wouldn't miss it for the world. 

"But Phee, You're gonna be surrounded by those leeches", Paul despised the Cullen's, if not all vampires. He was being unreasonable now.

"I will be safe and don't say 'Leeches' that's not nice. They are my in-laws now". I fiddled with the laces of Émile's grey hoodie. I glanced over to the clock on the wall and it read 2pm. I have around three hours to get ready.

"I know, I know but-"

"But what? Paul don't be like that. You know I can handle myself if something were to happen. In fact, I highly doubt anything will happen because there will be humans. They wouldn't risk it", I cut him off but smiled to myself, the pack were always in protective mode whenever I was around. 

"Fine, you win but will you come over tomorrow? We need to cliff dive with you Phee", cliff diving did not sound safe at all, especially when I got a call from Jacob that my idiot of sister jumped off that damn cliff.

"That sounds dangerous and scary Paul"

"That's why we are gonna be there. We wouldn't let anything happen to you", Paul says.

"Yeah, sure. Why not? Listen, I have to get ready, hair and makeup..."

"Ah, yes I- Don't forget to send us pictures!" Emily's voice echoed through the speaker.

"Emily! Cut it out" Paul shouted back.

"Of course I will Emily! How can I not!", I shouted back at Emily. I loved that girl.

"Alright Em, Back off. I'm talking to her", he whined and I just burst out laughing. They can really act like idiots at times.

"I'll see you tomorrow Phee, I'll pick you up"

"Alright then, I'll send you the address. Bye Pauly-wauly", I loved annoying him.

"Don't call me that-"

I hung up on him and giggled as I went to shower. I shampooed my hair and conditioned it, what should I do with hair? I lathered myself with a strawberry scented body wash-a gift from Émile. I got out the shower cubicle with my towel wrapped around me. The dress was hung on the handle of the closet and I bent over to reach under my bed for my sliver heels.

After buttering my skin with lotion, I put on my undergarments. Okay, I needed help putting on this dress. The straps were confusing me like you have no idea.

Émile could help me, "Émile! I need some help with my dress", I called out to him and he appeared out of no where almost giving me a heart attack.

"Don't do that Em! Are you trying to kill me?", I narrowed my eyes at him. I looked at what he was wearing and good heavens, he looked like a Calvin Klein model.

 I looked at what he was wearing and good heavens, he looked like a Calvin Klein model