Chapter 10

'Huh? What is this sound?'

As I turned around the corner, I suddenly heard somebody screaming and walking quickly. I craned my neck to see what happened, but I couldn't because my view was obstructed by the wall. I felt uncomfortable, but I thought that it was not a big deal because there was no big disturbance.

***

I visited my father's office as the captain of the knights. It was not very different from the office in my memories. Documents were stacked on a large desk. There were chairs and simple tea sets for his aides and visitors. It was a typical office.

Although I told him several times that I was okay, my father called the royal doctor as soon as he arrived at the office. When the doctor said I was okay, but I felt dizzy because I was too weak, he was relieved and went back to work.

When I noticed the mounds of documents, one thing flashed my mind.

In the past, I always handled a lot of documents in a dreamy state. If my memory was true, could I understand and deal with my father's documents, too?

I picked up a document on his aide's table. My father gave me a look, but didn't care.

Contrary to my expectation that it was difficult, the thick paper was surprisingly easy to understand.

If so, are the moments in my memories not a dream?

Or am I dreaming now?

I looked up at my father with trembling eyes. I looked at him very briefly, but he immediately met my gaze, so I lowered my head in a hurry. Pretending to be casual, I was reading the documents. I tilted my head in thought.

Something was not correct.

"Are you sure? Huh? Oh, you're right."

"Yes, that's true."

Suddenly, the door opened wide and two men came in. One man with blazing red hair and the other man looked intelligent had green hair. I stood up at the appearance of these two familiar men.

They were Duke Lars and Duke Verita. They were the masters who taught me a lot in my dreamy memories.

"How are you, Duke Lars and Duke Verita?"

"Long time no see, lady. Did you learn everything I taught you last time? "

Did he teach me anything last time? What did he teach me? I knew I hadn't yet started the empress course. I was puzzled a bit, but nodded because of my faint memories.

Yes, that's right. My empress classes started after I turned ten, but I was taught before.

When I came home to see my father, he used to tell me lots of things.

When I nodded, Duke Lars approached my father with a faint smile. I looked up instead of focusing on the document because Duke Verita was staring at me intently. He asked me, pointing to the document with interest, "Have you prepared this document?"

"Yes, I have."

"Why did you come to this conclusion?"

"It's because..."

What I thought was rather strange was the expenses for the meal kits for the knights. The document stated that next month some of the 2nd Knights Division would leave to inspect the border. If so, the number of knights stationed in the capital would be reduced, and the expenses of their meal kits had to be reduced proportionally, but the document didn't reflect the necessary decrease in the original expenses. So, I searched for the last budget proposal and compared the cost of the meal kits and their cost after adjusting inflation. I found that the meal kits were being overcharged.