Chapter 6

She was very confused. Looking at him holding me, she began to get angry and shouted, "Ruve, what are you doing now?"

"Jieun, I'm just..." Embarrassed by her sharp voice, he hurriedly responded, but she cut him off and said with a trembling voice, "How can you do this to me? "

"No, don't misunderstand. Jieun! Wait a minute!"

"Ouch!" Jieun yelled and left.

As she, staring at him in anger, quickly turned around and left the audience room, he stood up, very much embarrassed, forgetting he was holding me, who had lost balance.

I could hardly breathe. I felt I bumped into something, but I hurt so much that I couldn't breathe. I curled up a lot but felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I moaned unconsciously.

"Oh, I feel pain here in my..."

"You?"

"Ahhh!!"

"Is anybody there? Call the royal doctor now!"

Unlike his aloofness, he was embarrassed and shouted at the maids. Soon the maids who came running were astonished to see me.

Why? Why is he so embarrassed? What the heck are these maids doing?

When the royal doctor rushed to me, he ordered the doctor to take care of me and left the room quickly. With a deep sigh, the doctor quietly told the maids to help me move to the bed.

The moment I got up with the help of the maids, I saw my silver dress stained with blood, which my father gave me at my coming-of-age ceremony.

I felt dizzy again.

I heard the voice of the royal doctor and the maids fading away. Smelling the strong scent of blood, I was falling into the bottomless pit.

***

I opened my eyes because of the pain. Sunlight shone through the open curtains, and birds were chirping outside the open window.

It's morning. It's the same morning as any other day. But why do I feel so empty?

"Oh, you are awake now. Are you okay, Your Highness?"

When I saw the royal doctor's face, I recalled that he held me when I was about to fall out of balance with dizziness. I also remembered that she was there with him. And...

"Let me ask you some questions."

"Sure, Your Highness!"

"I guess it, but I wonder if my expectations are correct. Did I have a miscarriage?"

"... I'm sorry, Your Highness. "

"My guess was right."

I guessed that because I saw my stained dress with blood, but when the doctor said I miscarried the baby, I was really at a loss how to express my feelings. The most important question was not this. I was very scared, so I didn't have the nerve to speak, but I had to confirm a couple of more things.

"Let me ask you one more question. Can I still have a baby?"

He didn't say anything.

"Why don't you answer me? I asked you."

"You were very weak... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Your Highness."

"I got it."

Although I had more pain than joy when he made love to me, although I was pregnant all of a sudden, although the fetus didn't grow enough to feel my maternal love, and although the fetus bothered me with morning sickness and dizziness, I could not see my and his baby ever. My and his baby won't ever exist.