Chapter 29

"Don't you know I won't make anywhere if I practice alone? No matter how much I try, I can't make any progress. I'm really frustrated."

"Well, I'm not sure about it because I've never felt like that. "

I felt he was really cheeky. I turned around after staring at him for a moment. I didn't feel like I would get an answer even if I kept talking, and I didn't want to face him any more because of the shadow of another man whose image was constantly overlapped with his.

"Now that you give up right away, I don't think you were serious about learning fencing."

"... Well, I don't want to talk anymore with you who is trying to toy with me," I sharply rebuked him.

"You need more muscle and strength to practice fencing. That's why you can't get anywhere. Why don't you build up your strength first before talking about fencing?"

I stopped for a moment. Physical strength and muscle? I sighed, but as I was looking for a solution, I felt a bit light-hearted. At the same time, I became more emboldened.

'I'll never give up. You won't get away with this!'

"Welcome back, young lady."

When I got home, every maid and servant welcomed me. I greeted them with a nod and called the butler.

"Butler, wait a minute."

"What's the matter, young lady?"

"I'm going to do more intensive training in the future. Starting tomorrow, I would like to eat mainly nutritional food, so tell the chef about my request. "

"Are you sure you want to do more training than now?"

"Yes." I nodded at the butler double checking with me hesitantly.

Silent for a moment, he replied with a heavy voice, "Okay, my lady, but don't be too hard on yourself."

"Sure, thanks."

I went up to my room with the worried butler looking at me anxiously.

When she was reflecting on my conversation with Lars, Lina came in with a knock and asked,

"My lady, what happened to you at the duke's house?"

"Huh? Well... Why?"

"Because you told the chef to change your menu as soon as you came back. Did you argue with Sir Lars' brother? "

"... "

"I think my guess is right. My lady is not the one to quarrel with anybody, so he must have done something wrong to you. Cheer up, young lady! Hang in there! "

"Yes, yes."

I smiled at her awkwardly as she was eager to cheer me up, and organized what I had to do from tomorrow. Anyway, I went to bed thinking that I should try hard from now on because I realized what my problem was,

Starting the next day, I started building my muscles. Based on my memories of other knights' training, I asked Lina to make a sandbag tailored to me so that I could attach them to my wrists and ankles.

And, as usual, I did basic fitness exercises and practiced basic fencing constantly. I kept running until I was gasping for breath, and wielded my sword until my arm was almost paralyzed. Because of this hard training, I had to skip dinner and went to sleep right away after training.

How many days did I practice? I knew not. The butler and other staff began to show concern about my hard training. I knew when I woke up in the morning, I felt so heavy and my face looked haggard. I knew that I could not improve my skills with this practice method. Despite all this, I continued to go out to the training place before the morning sun rose, then came back home after dark.