Chapter 13

My father spoke with a slightly croaky voice. He straightened up and looked at me, taming his disheveled hair.

"Good morning, Dad."

"Good morning. Yesterday you fell asleep as soon as you got in the carriage. Are you okay now? "

He looked at me with concern. I burst into laughter when he looked around me carefully. My empty heart felt a bit warm.

"I'm okay, Daddy. I'm sorry to have you worry about me, Dad. "

"Sounds good. Hmm, Tia."

"Yeah?"

"Would you tell me what happened at the temple?"

"That was..."

I was speechless. What can I say? I was killed at seventeen on charges of treason, but when I opened my eyes, I was ten again? I was nothing but a substitute for the chosen girl? Had I heard God's prophecy from the chosen among the priests serving God?

I shut up because I couldn't say any of that. He would think I was crazy if I told him that because my memories as a seventeen-year-old girl only existed in my mind and have not yet happened yet.

Looking at me in silence, my father said, "They received God's prophecy when you were in the prayer room. Everybody at the temple was excited."

What the heck is he talking about?

"Well, God's prophecy was that he would give you a name."

Come to think of it, only when my middle name Pionia was given, I felt I heard the entire space vibrate in my mind. Was it God's prophecy? Oh my God, was this his reward?

"So..."

"So, Tia. His Majesty wants to see you. "

"His Majesty?"

"Yes."

As I never received God's prophecy, it was certain that the emperor would call me. I sighed in anxiety. In the past, I often had an audience with the emperor, but this time it was different.

In the past, the emperor was seeing me as the next empress and his daughter-in-law, but this time he would try to check God's prophecy, my name.

"Okay. When am I supposed to see him?"

"He told me he wanted to see you as soon as you woke. "

"Okay, let me prepare to see him then."

"Yes, please."

After my father left the room, I urged the maids to make the necessary preparations for my audience with the emperor. As I couldn't keep him waiting for long, I got ready as soon as possible.

"Kairan, It's nice to see you here. "

"Arkint."

"Yes, Captain."

When I was walking towards the Central Palace, two men in uniform approached.

Red hair and red eyes and the same appearance: they were Duke Lars and his eldest son.

I bowed and smiled gently. Every time I saw them, I felt the son was a chip off the old block.

"Where were you going? Hmm, it looks like you are going to see His Majesty as you are with your daughter."

"Yes, that's right."

"Don't worry too much. Isn't he wise? "

"I know that, but..."