Chapter 1

It was a cloudy evening and I had just finished my shift. The day was long and tiring and I couldn't wait to go home.

But the way to my house was a long walk through a dark road with woods on one side, and a slanted valley on the other.

The light was scarce and I could hardly make out my steps.

As I was walking, I suddenly tripped on a rock and dropped my phone. I scrambled in the dark to find it--and I found it after a minute's struggle. But just as I was about to rise to my feet, a black car pulled over on to the side of the road and flashed its headlights at me.

I covered my eyes, for the blinding light was penetrating my eyes. I could also hear footsteps, that were getting closer to me with each passing second.

Before I could understand what was happening, a hand grabbed me from behind, locking my arms like I was in a straitjacket.

A strange yet ambrosial smell filled my nostrils--traveling straight up to my brain, causing it to shut down.

I could feel the life flying out of my body as I relentlessly struggled to get out of the painful hold. But in the end, the chemical won and I was left unconscious.

I can not tell what had exactly happened between the time I was knocked out and now when I was in this strange and dark room, for I had no memory of the events succeeding my abduction.

I woke up on a large bed in a gloomy room. It was cold and ghastly. The silence was deafening, which was however interrupted by the sound of rain beating hard on the glass windows.

It was a big room. The walls were bathed in darkness, and small paintings--that were unusual and scary. A large closet accompanied a small table, that had various toiletries laid upon it.

In front of the bed was a large mirror, in which I could see my reflection.

I threw off the covers and checked if my clothes were still on. Fortunately, I had everything on, except my boots.

I went up to the door and tried opening it, but it was locked from outside. I tried looking out the windows but they were tightly bolted.

Where was I? I questioned myself and ran my eyes across the room to see if I could find something--but it was in vain.

The closet was empty. The cupboards were packed with nothing but expensive perfumes and potions.

I banged the door with my hands, which only made my hands more sore.

Suddenly, the knob turned and I could see someone standing outside. I moved back, fearing who it was. Scared to my core, I hid behind the curtain.

The door opened and a man entered. I peeped through the slit and saw him move forward.

He was tall, and muscular, and wearing an all black suit. He had raven black hair which was slicked back smoothly. His perfectly cut jawline gave him an intimidating look. Who was he? I wondered.

"Come out," he ordered.

I didn't move.

"Stop these games. I know you are in there, behind the curtains."

I still didn't move.

"Come out this instant or you will regret it later."

I was too scared to move..but before I could do anything, he lifted up the curtains and yanked me out by grabbing me by my wrist.

"Aah, you're hurting me," I cried.

My screams had no effect on him. It made him more angry and he pushed me against the wall, pinning my hands above my head as he breathed furiously near me, "You need to learn some manners," he growled.

My heart was beating out of my chest.

He was an inch away from me and I could almost feel his breath. My wrists were hurting--I struggled a lot to free myself but his hold was too strong, and it hurt, it hurt everywhere.

I was not a tall person and he was a giant compared to me. On top of his incredible height, was his strong body, that made him more menacing.

His dark eyes were so dark as he looked into my eyes.

"It hurts, please let me go," I begged him.

"I had warned you. Come out or you would regret it," he said.

"I'm sorry, now please let me go."

"I'm letting you go," he said releasing my hands, "now go and sit on that bed obediently, " he growled.

I obeyed him, slowly walked over to the bed, while I gently rubbed my wrists to ease the pain as I sat down on the bed as he had told me to do so.

He came and stood in front of me.

"You know what? You shouldn't make me mad like that. It won't be good for you."

I didn't utter a word.

"Did you listen to what I just said?" he spat angrily.

"Yes," I mumbled.

"Good girl! Your dinner will be in your room in a minute, and after that, go to sleep. It's almost midnight...you shouldn't be up so late," he spoke and went out of the room, locking the door behind him.

"Please, someone help me," I cried. "Who is this man and what does he want from me?"