Chapter 21

Last night was strange. It was not like that every other day in this mansion had been normal--but it was just that, last night had left me with more questions than answers.

As I opened my eyes in the morning, I felt confused and disoriented--almost to the point where I was having a hard time realizing if it was just a really bad nightmare or reality. 

I felt disgusted with myself for kissing Damian back, giving him an idea that I was enjoying whatever he was doing to me. How did I even let myself get carried away? 

Not only did I wake up with a scattered brain, but I also woke up with bruised wrists. But they didn't bother me that much, as these wounds would heal with time, the scars would fade away eventually--but what if Damian had done something way worse? Something way more permanent, Something way more damaging? Something that would've injured my soul forever? 

What if he had rap... "no, no, no" I shook my head repeatedly, because, even the thought of something so traumatizing was making my skin shudder. I had decided it in my head that if it ever came to that, I'd kill myself instantly. Because there was no way I could recover from something so disturbing, and continue to live with him after that. 

But the fact, that he didn't do it, even though he had me in this vulnerable position, where he had the power, the opportunity, still shocked me, given how drunk he was.

After finally coming to my senses in the morning, the first thing I did was remove this red evening gown from my body--that had lost all its beauty and shine, and the only two things visible on it were an ugly wine stain and a huge cut at the bottom. 

I took a long, warm bath, wrapped the towel around my soaking body and stepped out of the bathroom, the water dripping from my hair as I walked over to the closet. I opened it and it was packed with so many clothes, branded dresses of all kinds, short, long, but no shirts or t-shirts or jeans, but still so many to choose from, which was more than I had ever owned in my life. Shoe boxes stacked to the top, accessories, lingerie, and everything that a girl needed. When I travelled my gaze over it, I wondered, "Is this what being held captive looks like? Was I even kidnapped or just living in someone's rich house?" 

I had seen people being kidnapped in movies and TV shows, and how they were held in dark basements and dingy places, chained, and forced to live without any food or water and even basic human comfort. But I didn't know, whether it was my luck or my kidnapper was kind, which he was not, yet, I was never chained, never starved, infact I could eat whatever I wanted, I could roam freely in the mansion, in the garden, I even had my own spacious room with a view, a closet full of expensive clothes. 

However, despite all the luxuries, I still longed for freedom, I still hated Damian's cruelty, and wanted to escape, but today wasn't the day, as I was feeling worn out and had neither the energy, nor the mental strength to even think about an escape plan. 

After slipping on a new pair of clothes, I went downstairs and noticed the hall had been cleaned up. There was no sign of last night's party, but my eyes unwillingly looked for Damian, even though I prayed hard that I didn't have to face him today, especially after remembering what had happened last night, and how I had acted. 

"You are up," Agnes remarked as she placed a cup of tea on the table and slid it towards me.

"Yeah," I replied and sat down in the chair. 

Agnes scrutinised me with her deep eyes, but didn't say anything. 

"Where is Damian?" I asked and regretted instantly. Why did I have to ask this!

She looked at me with surprise, then said, "He left this morning, for an out of city meeting." 

He left? But why should I care..I should be happy that he's gone away.