02

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟɪᴍᴇɴᴛ ʜᴇʀ,

"ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟɪᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ! ʙᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ʟᴀᴅʏ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴀꜱ ᴀ ᴄʀᴇᴇᴘ." ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

The stairwell echoed as you walked down it. Being alone with Shigaraki as he led you into the basement of The Leauge of Villains' hideout put you on edge. What horrible things was he about to ask you to do? You knew if you refused, death was inevitable. Your hands were shaking and your heart was bounding. You kept a distance between you and the leader. You glanced at him. He had removed the hand from his face, so now you could gauge what he was thinking by his expression. Luckily, he didn't appear to be angry or scheming something. Shigaraki cleared his throat as the narrow stairwell opened up into a large basement.

"This is where you'll be spending most of your time," Shigaraki told you, gesturing to the space. You looked around, but it was a poorly lit room. It looked to be some kind of lab, medical and science equipment littered the area. Shigaraki led you to a desk; three monitors, a keyboard, a mouse, and an appropriate chair.

"I trust this'll do," Shigaraki said, holding his arms behind his back. "Your first assignment is to gather intel on a potential recruit." Shigaraki gave you a slip of paper with a name on it, presumably the name of who you were supposed to research. You stared at the paper, Shigaraki was careful to only hold it with two fingers. If you took this, could you ever look yourself in the mirror again?

Surely, the heroes would understand, wouldn't they? You were looking into a criminal, not killing someone. There was a difference, yet, you still felt guilty. You knew what the villains were capable of, and you knew they would do whatever it takes to achieve their goals. Including torturing and killing you for not aiding in their fight. You took the paper reluctantly, shame overcoming you. You hung your head and sat down at the desk. You began to work.

However, Shigaraki didn't leave. He stayed beside you and watched you. It made you nervous. You looked at him, furrowing your eyebrows. You made eye-contact for a prolonged period of time. Surprisingly, Shigaraki seemed to be just as nervous and uncomfortable as you were. Step two of his plan proved to be very difficult, but his ideals outweighed his embarrassment.

"Y-You look pr-pretty," Shigaraki blurted out stiffly. You froze. A villain just called you pretty. What parallel world had you just been transported into?

"Uh, th-thanks," You responded awkwardly. You wished to be as polite as you could, without being submissive, in order to avoid getting decayed without abandoning your cause.

"I took a shower for the first time in four days this morning." You couldn't tell if you were flattered or worried by his compliment. Your hypothesis of Shigaraki's motives was proving to be more true every minute. You looked at him, curious if he was going to say anything else or just stare at you. Scars adorned his pale skin, around his eyes (which were surprisingly mesmerizing), and near his lips. You wondered how he got them. His messy hair was almost cute.

"I focus better when I'm alone," You said tensely. Shigaraki quickly got the message and cleared his throat. He awkwardly looked away and left the basement without another word. He frowned deeply. His compliment seemed to go well until you suddenly asked him to leave. Has he moved too quickly? That was a warning the article gave, but it didn't specify how fast is too fast. Shigaraki feared he had thrown a wrench into his own plan. He was slightly disappointed in himself. He needed more practice at this.

After Shigaraki left, you began your research. Try as you might to ignore it or chalk it up to manipulation, a question nagged at you the whole day: did he really think you were pretty?

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...