10

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴇɴ:

[ "ᴛᴏᴘ ʜᴇʀᴏ ᴀɢᴇɴᴄʏ ʀᴇꜱᴇᴀʀᴄʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴘɪʀᴀᴄʏ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

A burning sensation blossomed across your wrists as you tugged at the multiple layers of duct tape that bound you to the metal chair. Your entire body ached in pain. To make matters worse, the rolled towel stuffed into your mouth made it difficult to breathe. Your arms were far from strong enough to break free, so you struggled against the restraints fruitlessly. Your legs were of no help either, having gone numb hours ago.

There was nothing you hated more than the helplessness that buried you. It felt like The League of Villains had kidnapped you all over again, but not even they treated you this poorly. These criminals had beaten you for a better ransom photo. If Tenko had originally tortured you, you would have given everything up.

You felt tears threaten to pour. Trying to escape was futile, wasn't it? Perhaps the heroes made some effort to find you last time, even if it failed to lead to your rescue. But this time, after everything they must know, they might just let you die. Surely, you were going to be killed by your captors. What were the odds that two villains would fall desperately in love with you?

There was a loud crash followed by a scream. From behind the heavy and securely locked door, you heard a loud commotion. What was going on out there? It sounded like a fight. Was it possible? No. Without a doubt, no heroes were coming. As if the door was a piece of paper tossed into a water fountain, it dissolved in an instant.

"(Y/n)!" Tenko cried, arriving at your side in a heartbeat. He destroyed the restraints and threw the gag onto the ground. Though you were the one who was in pain, you could hardly bear the look on his face. Seeing you so damaged and distraught made Tenko's once cold and unfeeling heart bleed.

"Are you alright?" Tenko asked in a tormented voice. "They hurt you, didn't they?" You struggled to bring yourself to nod your head. You tried taking deep breaths, but they were shakey and stung. Tenko brought you in close. He held you tight enough for you to know he was there, but not tight enough to hurt your bruised and battered body.

"I'm so sorry," Tenko muttered into your skin. "This is all my fault." Your trembling hands reached out, clutching his shoulders. He smelled of that new college he wore. Though your tears dampened his shirt, there was something else wet that stained his shirt. You raised one of your hands, curious as to what it was. You saw the ruby pigment that was left on your palm after touching him.

"Tenko... what did you do?" You whispered, your voice too hoarse to muster anything else.

"What I had to," Tenko told you softly as he gently stroked your hair. You soon felt him tuck an arm under your legs, lifting you up. He carried you close to his chest. You could feel the quick and rapid beating of his heart. Tenko was just as shaken as you were. You noticed the blood on his clothes and the wounds he ignored.

As Tenko walked through the silent building, you began to see just how much destruction he had caused in order to get to you. The trail he left was sickening. The walls and floors were missing pieces. Piles of ash scattered across the floor. Bodies lay lifeless on the ground. Some were missing limbs, others with gaping holes, but they were dead all the same. Tenko stepped over the gang's leader, who lay without a skull.

He couldn't help himself from brutally murdering those that harmed you. Anger didn't begin to cover what festered in the deepest pits of his being. He had not even hesitated to lay all five fingers on the leader's head. You felt those same fingers cautiously trying to close your eyes.

"You shouldn't have to see all this," Tenko told you. "I'm sorry." His voice was comforting and you shut your eyes. You don't know how long Tenko had carried you for.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .