01

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ:

"ʜᴇʀᴏ ᴇᴅɢᴇꜱʜᴏᴛ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇꜱ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜɪʟᴅɪɴɢ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

It felt strange to be back. The snow-white walls were ones you had been so used to surrounded you, but instead of being comforting and familiar, they felt sterile and cold. The fluorescent lighting certainly did not aid in putting to rest your uneasiness. Yet, you still felt an obligation to be there, though it was hard to put into words. They welcomed you back with open arms, but regardless that they acted as if nothing had changed, it felt like things changed. Mostly because they did.

"Hey, (L/n)!" A chipper voice got your attention. You looked up and saw the smile on his face. He leaned on your desk, having let himself into your small office space. Benjiro Aki, one of your co-workers. He had been particularly friendly with you ever since you came back to work. In fact, you don't think he had even introduced himself before the incident.

"Oh, hello," You replied with a polite smile.

"It's almost quittin' time," Aki remarked, his carefree blue eyes glancing at the clock hung on the nearest wall. "You live near here, right? Want me to walk you home?"

"Thank you for the offer," You told him gently. "That's very considerate, but I think I'll manage on my own tonight."

"Well, then have a great rest of your night!" Aki waved before he stood up. You watched Aki leave. You finished gathering your things and exited the building. You inhaled a deep breath of fresh air as you stepped onto the sidewalk. It was approaching dusk, the birds singing their final songs for the day. You swiftly crossed the street and made your way to the complex building. The place still felt new to you, having only moved in six months ago.

Your agency insisted you relocated as soon as possible. After all, your precious residence was broken into by villains. In fact, they paid for a top-notch security system to be installed and all other fees associated with your move. You were slightly shocked when your boss even offered to cover any psychiatric help you felt you may need in light of the events that unfolded almost a year ago.

You shut the door behind you, instinctively locking it. Like you did at the end of every workday, you changed into more comfortable clothes and unwound. This place didn't quite feel like home yet. Even if the belongings you left at the villains' hideout were returned to you within days of your "escape," you felt as if something was missing.

You heard three knocks on your door, a distinct pattern you recognized. You jumped up, rushing to unlock and swing open the door. You reached forward, grabbing a fistful of fabric and pulling the guest inside. The last thing you wanted was his face on the security camera footage. You tugged the man into a tight hug, one he instantly returned. He shut the door.

"I've missed you," You confessed with a content grin. He chuckled.

"It's only been a few days," Tenko reminded you with a grin similar to yours. "But I missed you too, (Y/n). And I brought snacks." Tenko held up a plastic bag he carried with him, no doubt filled with treats he snagged from a convenience store on his way over. You pulled him by the sweatshirt over to the sofa. Taking the hint, he sat down leaving space for you to curl up beside him.

"Let me see," You said, making a grab for the bag of snacks. Tenko gladly handed them to you, knowing full well he picked up your favorites. Tenko kept a list of the things you liked just for times like these.

"What movie did you pick out?" Tenko asked curiously. He watched as your eyes sparkled while you looked through the selection of goodies. He loved how adorable you got when you were excited.

"I haven't decided yet," You shrugged. "We'll have to pick one together."

"You do this every time," Tenko told you with a half-smile. "You're gonna make me feel guilty for not doing the same." You laughed, placing a soft kiss on his cheek. You saw a light pink dust his features, something that almost always happened when you showed him affection. Funny how cute the leader of a League of Villains could be.

You had fallen for him, genuinely. You were not a double agent. You weren't giving him information about the heroes you worked for. You were in no way a member of The League. You were with Tenko and Tenko was with you because you cared for each other.

Tenko draped an arm around your shoulders cautiously. He looked down at you, silently asking if what he was doing was okay. You snuggled closer to him, enjoying the feeling of being so close. You took a deep breath. Something peculiar tickled your nose.

"You smell nice," You told him, partially confused. "Are you wearing cologne?" You saw that pink color tinge the man's face again. He frowned.

"Do you not like it or something?" Tenko asked self-consciously. You shook your head, resting it back onto his chest.

"It's nice," You muttered, closing your eyes. Was Tenko your boyfriend? Well, it was complicated. Of course, neither of you told a soul. After the night he showed up at your doorstep, wet from the rain and begging you to give him a chance, you certainly acted like a couple. Moments like these made Tenko feel normal. Things were complicated. Nevertheless, you were determined to try. Even if all the odds were against you.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .