06

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ꜱɪx: ɢɪᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜᴇꜱ,

"ᴇʏᴇ-ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ ᴠɪᴛᴀʟ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱʜɪᴘ (ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇ ᴄᴀʀᴇꜰᴜʟ ᴛᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏᴠᴇʀꜱᴛᴇᴘ)!" ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

He frowned. Step six of Shigaraki's plan proved to be a serious problem. Unlike the previous steps in his plan, this one seemed impossible. How could Shigaraki touch you without killing you? He would have to be extremely careful, he even wondered if he could just skip this step. Shigaraki was not willing to take his chances, this plan was too important and too uncertain. Would you even want him to touch you? Probably not. The eye-contact portion of this step was easy, though. Shigaraki looked across the room. He'd have to get creative.

"He was just so cute!" Toga exclaimed as she sat on the bar counter. You were nearly petrified. You had a teenage homicidal maniac rambling on about her latest crush. Part of you desired to give the blonde a look at a healthy friendship and explain that her obsessions were not entirely healthy. But Toga was twirling a knife dangerously, so you stayed put. Shigaraki sat on the other end of the bar, looking at you and Toga converse. It was evident by your body language that you were uncomfortable and on edge. He watched as you entertained her insanity. You were cute, and, in his eyes, the action was kind.

You caught onto his stare, and you made eye-contact. Toga terrified you, you worried she would kill you just for laughs. You looked at Shigaraki, silently pleading for him to find a way for you to escape the situation. He got up from his barstool and approached you, receiving your subtle message.

"I need to speak with (L/n)," Shigaraki told Toga sternly. She grinned, just looking at him. With a small groan, Shigaraki turned around to leave and you followed him. Unfortunately, you trusted Shigaraki not to kill you a small fraction greater than you trusted Toga. Shigaraki escorted you down the hall.

"No need to thank me," Shigaraki sarcastically stated. "Toga is entirely off the rocker."

"I'm not sure how credible that statement is coming from you," You stated seriously. Although your words stung, Shigaraki admitted it was true. He was in no position to judge. If you really thought he was as crazy as Toga, would you ever love him? You certainly would not fall for him if Shigaraki failed to go through with his plan.

"That's fair enough," Shigaraki said, forcing a small smile to hide his upset expression. "I guess I can't talk." You glanced at Shigaraki briefly. "But at least I don't want to taste the blood of those I'm attracted to." Shigaraki moved closer to you, brushing his shoulder against yours. You laughed nervously. You wondered if what he said about Toga was true, but the majority of your mind focused on Shigaraki's somewhat friendly, perhaps even flirtatious actions.

Why was he being so friendly with you? Ever since Shigaraki forced you to become his new researcher, he had been so welcoming, almost kind. Why? Villains are not nice just to be nice; they're evil... right?

"Goodnight, (L/n)," Shigaraki told you when you arrived at the door to where you stayed. You frown, not wanting to look at the man beside you.

"Goodnight," You muttered, closing the door behind you.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...