8

Percy

I had gotten a frantic call from Annabeth, apparently her parents (Well, more like Helen, cause her father was on a work trip) had gotten mad at her for no reason and kicked her out.

"Well, you're still welcome to come stay with us." I offered.

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"Thank you so much." I heard her sigh in relief.

"Of course." I replied.

"I'll be over soon, I've gotta sneak back into the house to get my stuff."

"Okay, be careful, I'll see you later. Bye." I said, hanging up.

"Hey mom?" I started, walking into the kitchen.

"Yes?" She lifted her head up from her laptop, she was writing the novel she'd been working on.

"Annabeth got kicked out, I invited her to come stay with us, I hope that's okay."

"Of course that's okay! Do you know what happened?"

"Only a bit about it, Helen got mad at her and kicked her out, she had to sneak back in to get her stuff."

"That's terrible, she's welcome here anytime."

~~~

Not long after, Annabeth arrived with a suitcase in hand.

After we had gotten her situated, my mom had to go "out." Though I had a slight suspicion that she was going on a date.

"Annabeth, whaddya wanna do?"

"Hmm, I don't know. Wait a sec-"

"What?"

"Is it snowing outside? It's hard to tell."

I went over to the window and sure enough, it was snowing.

"It is!"

"That's odd, it's only mid-September."

"It is, but it's cool! Get your jacket and gloves  on! We're going to the park!"

"Percy, we have homework."

"Homework can wait." I pulled on my jacket and gloves and threw hers to her.

"Fine," She rolled her eyes playfully and put on her stuff.

~~~

By the time we got to the park, the ground was covered in a ton of snow.

Annabeth's back was turned when I grabbed a snowball and threw it at her.

She turned around, a competitive gleam in her eyes, "Oh it's on, Jackson."

We had a big snowball fight with her winning.

~~~

"That was fun." She stated when we got back. I had turned the fireplace on and we were making hot chocolate. "Oh, I checked the news, apparently it's a cold front."

"Well, that explains it."

"Mhm."

For the rest of the day, we watched movies and played video games.

(A/N: i have writers block sjshejaksjsj ahhhhh)