12

Percy

It was December and snowing heavily, Annabeth and I went to Piper's house to sled with everyone in her backyard.

I decided to go down the hill head-first, which ended up being really fun. I did it a second time and crashed into the fence head-first, causing me to pass out.

I was fading in and out of consciousness, seeing Annabeth and everyone else crowded around me.

~~~

I awoke in a hospital bed, Annabeth was asleep in the chair next to me.

She jolted awake when she heard me move, which was odd because she's usually a very heavy sleeper.

"You're awake!" She sighed, getting up and coming next to me. "You were in a coma for five days cause of a concussion, you also broke your arm."

I motioned for her to come closer, holding out my arms for a hug. She hugged me and immediately started to cry.

"What's wrong?" I asked in a concerned tone.

"I thought I was gonna lose you." She whispered.

"Well, you didn't, I'm okay now."

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

~~~

Apparently, I have to be in the hospital for another week. Yay. At least I had Annabeth.

She was lying in the bed next to me and we were just talking about random things when her phone rang.

She looked at the screen and got up, "I'll be right back, I have to take this."

I nodded. She left the room and I heard her arguing with someone.

"Who was that?" I asked when she came back in.

"My dad." She said simply before falling to the ground.

"ANNABETH!" I yelled, causing a doctor to come in.

Apparently, she passed out from exhaustion. 

I was transferred to a room that had multiple other people in it, one of them being Annabeth. She was next to me and was being watched by hospital staff to make sure she was getting enough rest.