{22}

A week had gone by and no one has heard from Oscar. Heaven was laying on the bed, she hadn't moved. She could hear someone come inside, she knew it was Cesar. "Please just leave me alone" she said.

"You need to eat something" Cesar said. He went over placing some toast and eggs along with orange juice on the night stand. "You have to think about the baby" he adds sighing. "Oscar wouldn't want this" Cesar sat down on the bed.

"Oscar is never coming back so there's no point" she replies. She looked over at Cesar for a few moments. "Just leave" she adds. She looks away as she covered up her head. All she wanted was to be alone.

"No" Cesar pulls the blanket off her. "You're carrying my niece or nephew, I'm not letting you just starve the baby and yourself. Oscar wouldn't want that now get up and eat" he said. Cesar went over picking up the plate, he places it on the bed. "Eat please" he sighs. "I'm going to see if anyone has heard from Oscar" Cesar said.

She nods her head, she picks up her toast and starts to eat it. She watches as Cesar leaves the bedroom. Her heart rate started to go up, she was thinking about Oscar again. Tears threatened her eyes but she pushes them back. Her faith was slowly dying along with her. She finishes up eating the toast and some eggs, she reaches over picking up the drink. She sips a little of it. Once she was done, she got up heading out the bedroom.

Once she was inside the kitchen she started placing the dishes in the sink. That's when there was a knock on the door, a confused look came upon her face. Whoever it was started knocking again, she lets out a sigh. "Hold on!" she called out. She reaches for a knife, pulled it out. She makes her way towards the door, there was no peephole so she couldn't look out. Her heart was pounding, palms sweating. When she finally reached the door she places her brown hand on the knob but didn't answer it yet. Beads of sweat started to form on her forehead, she slowly started to open the door. Once it was open she didn't see anyone. "What the hell" she mutters. That's when she looked down seeing Oscar's phone. Her heart nearly dropped from her chest, tears started to fall down her cheeks. She bends down picking it up, there was a little blood on it.

Soon a phone call had came through it was Cesar's number. She presses the answer button. "Cesar" she says. "Someone left Oscar's phone on the front, there's blood on it and I have no idea who it was" she adds.

Cesar had told her he was coming home immediately.

Minutes had passed Cesar walks inside the house. He spotted Heaven sitting on the sofa. He rushes over to her, he sat down next to her. "Where's the phone?" he asked. The only thing she did was point to the coffee table in front of them. Cesar reaches over picking up the phone, there was blood all over the back of it. "Shit" he muttered. "This doesn't mean anything, he could still be alive" he added.

Heaven shakes her head "no, this is the first sign" she replied. She wipes her tears away, then stands up going to the room.

Cesar watches as she walked away, he lets out a sigh. He had no idea what to even do at this point. He just needed to get out the house at this point, he picked up Oscar's phone and headed out the door. He made his way towards Jamal's house since Ruby was there. Once he arrived he started knocking on the door. When the door came open, he walked inside looking at them. "We have a problem" he says. Just about that time Oscar's phone went off. He pulled up the message, reading every bit of it. "What the hell" he muttered. "It's directions" Cesar looks up at them. "I have to go" he said.

"We're going with you" Jamal said. He was scared but Cesar needed him right now. He nudges Ruby who wasn't saying anything. When he looks over at Ruby, he was only nodding his head.

"Look you guys don't have to be involved" Cesar said. "He's my brother, I can handle it" he added.

"We want to go" Jamal said, while Ruby nodded his head.

"Okay, let's uh go" Cesar said. He headed out the door, he looked behind to see Jamal and Ruby coming. They didn't know what was lying ahead, they just hoped Oscar was alive.