{16}

Heaven ended up falling asleep, her and Oscar had went at it a few more times. Once they had stopped talking about Oscar leaving this life behind he wanted to marry Heaven, have kids and own a home, he wanted Cesar to leave as well. He lied in bed watching her sleep, she looked like an angel. He reached over pushing some hair from her face, that's when he heard the door. He knew it was Cesar, he decided to get up. He slipped on his boxers and shirt, he walked out the room. He didn't want to wake her up, he closed the door slowly.

Oscar spotted Cesar on the couch drinking, pictures of him and Monse were everywhere. He felt bad for his brother, he blamed himself for what happened. "Mano" he looked down. "I'm sorry about what happened, I wish I could go back but I can't this is my fault" he said.

Cesar shook his head, he looked up at his brother. "I involved Monse, Jamal and Ruby in this" he said. "This isn't your fault, if I would have left them alone" he paused just for a moment, tears began to fall. "She would still be here" he finished.

Oscar went over taking a seat next to his brother, he wrapped his arm around him. Cesar began to cry even harder, he closed his eyes and just cried. It broke Oscar's heart to see his brother like that. He couldn't imagine if that was Heaven, he would probably be just like Cesar or worse. He let a sigh escape his lips, he soon looked down to see Cesar asleep. He reached over grabbing a blanket, he threw it across Cesar. He then laid his head down on the sofa, he got up and that's when he heard a knock on the door. He made his way towards it, he reached over grabbing his gun. He pulled it back, he opened the door and it was Ray. "The hell you doing here?" he frowned.

"I came by to see how things were" Ray replied. He decided to walk inside the house, he looked around before turning his towards Spooky. "Still looks the same" he said.

"Save your shit for someone who cares" Spooky said. He glanced down at the bag in Ray's hand, he turned his attention back towards his father. "Where do you think you're staying?" he sounded annoyed.

"Here" Ray said before placing the bag down.

Spooky huffed his chest out a little, he walked up to Ray. He didn't say anything, his face frowned. He then walked by him going into the room, he slid in next to Heaven. He wrapped his arms around her waist, then pulled her closer towards him like he was protecting her. He soon ended up falling asleep next to her.

The next morning Oscar began to wake up, he groaned flipping back over to face Heaven. His arm stretched out to reach her but he felt nothing. He opened one of his eyes but didn't see her, a frown came upon his face. He soon heard laugher coming from outside the door, his eyebrow raised. He threw the blanket off, he stood up slipping on some sweatpants. He made his way out the door, that's when he spotted Heaven chatting with Ray. He didn't like it very much, he was annoyed and it wasn't even past ten.

"What's going on?" Oscar walked up to the two. He didn't have a facial expression, he glanced over at Ray.

"I was just talking to your girl" Ray replied. "She seems like a keeper" he added.

Heaven gave Ray a huge smile, she glanced over at Oscar. His nose was flared, face was frown like it always is when he's pissed or annoyed. "Um, I need to go get ready, I have classes in an hour" Heaven stood up.

"You go to school?" Ray looked away from Oscar and at Heaven.

"Yeah, I moved here a few months ago actually" she stopped once she heard Oscar clear his throat. "I'll tell you about it later" she smiled before walking away. Once she reached the room she closed the door but she also wanted to listen. She placed her ear against the door, that's when she heard Oscar speak.

"When are you leaving?" he asked.

"I have a job lined up, when they call I'll be gone" Ray replied. "In the meantime, I'd like to spend time with Cesar" he added.

"Look" his voice was deep this time. "You can't just walk in here and expect us to welcome you with open arms. You're going to do the same thing to him as you did to me" his voice raised a little. "You don't give a damn, I raised him" tears threatened his eyes.

Ray could tell, he moved closer towards Oscar but he shook his head and stepped back.

He looked Ray in the eyes. "You know the worst part about growing up without a father? It's having to be a father to a brother without ever being a son." he was now crying at this point.

Ray came up and hugged Oscar, he ended up hugging his father back. But once he realized he pushed Ray back. "Stay away from me" he stormed out the front door.

Heaven soon walked out the bedroom door, she spotted Ray sitting on the sofa. "Just give him some time" she spoke softly.

"No, he hates me" Ray looked over at her. "I understand why, he thinks I abandoned them but it wasn't like that" he said.

She felt bad for the both of them, she didn't know what to say to make him feel any better. She simply nodded her head. "I'll see you later I hope" she said.

Ray simply nodded his head.

Heaven walked outside to see Oscar working on the car, she walked over wrapping her arms around him. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine but you need to get to school" Oscar didn't look at her. He continued to fix his car, he was slightly pissed at Heaven for talking to Ray even though it wasn't a big deal.

"Okay, I don't get a kiss or anything?" she pulled away from Oscar. He scoffed then shook her head, she started to walk away from him. That's when she felt someone grab her hand, she turned around to see Oscar.

"I'm sorry mi reina" Oscar said. "It's just I'm stressed about Cesar, I've called him a million times but no answer. Then Ray pops up like shit is gonna change, I got so mad because you were talking to him. When you should be on my side" Oscar started to rant.

She reached up placing her hand softly on his face, she looked into his brown eyes. "Mi amor, I'll always be on your side" she smiled.

Oscar leaned down giving her a kiss on the lips softly, he soon pulled away. "Let me give you a ride to school, I have to change this real quick then she'll be ready to go" he said.

"Well, since I love you then okay" she smiled.