{18}

It was the day of Monse service, everyone was preparing. Heaven stood in the mirror wearing a black dress with some black flats, she couldn't wear heels right now because her foot were hurting. She sighed knowing that Cesar wasn't going to be there, even though some people thought he needed to attend for the respect of Monse. Heaven let out a sigh and headed out the room, she was going to the service with Jasmine. "I'll be back once it's done" she looked at Oscar and Cesar who were sitting on the sofa.

The reason Oscar wasn't going because he didn't want conflict with Monse's father or any of the rest of them. He heard Heaven which caused him to look up, he nodded his head as he gave her a weak smile. "Be safe" he said.

"I will" she nodded then glanced at Cesar who didn't bother saying anything. "I love you" she said before leaving the house.

When she opened the door, she was met by Jasmine who was crying. Heaven wrapped her arms around her, trying to comfort Jas the best way she could. The two walked away from the house and down the street. Luckily the service wasn't that far, just a block or two.

Once the two reached the house there were people standing outside talking, they scanned around until they found Jamal and Ruby. "I'm going to go talk to them" Heaven pulled away from Jasmine.

The girl nodded her head, she decided to go see if Monse's father needed some help.

"Hey" Heaven looked at the two. She didn't know what else to say, she couldn't imagine how they were feeling. I mean she was feeling pretty shitty but they knew Monse longer than her.

"I see they didn't come, that's a good thing" the group had heard someone speak. They looked over to see Ruby's mother. "They are no good to this neighborhood" she nodded before walking away.

"I guess I know how your mother feels" another voice said. When they turned that's when they spotted Cesar. Ruby's mother hadn't seen him because he was hiding. "I shouldn't have come but it's Monse" he said.

"I'm glad you did" Ruby said. He walked over giving Cesar a hug, he needed his friend right now. He soon pulled away and looked over at Heaven. "Thanks for being with us, means a lot" he admitted.

"Always here for you guys" she replied. She was happy Cesar decided to come because his friends needed him to most and vice versa. "I think we should head inside now" she said.

They nodded their heads then made their way inside. Once the doors open everyone in the place turned their heads towards them, Ruby's mother was fuming. "What is he doing here?" she muttered.

"Honey leave it alone" Ruby's father spoke softly. "We're here for Monse, please remember that" he added reaching for her hand.

Ruby's mother nodded her head, she turned away from the group. She planned on having some words with Ruben once the service was over with, along with Cesar.

Soon it began tears fell, laughter filled the air even some occasional jokes came out. The service was lovely, once they were doing speaking the choir began to sing. That's when it was over, everyone began to get up out their seat. Cesar tried to leave before anyone could see but Ruby's mother wasn't having it. "What are you doing here? If Monse's father see you.." she trailed off.

Cesar along with his friends stopped, he sighed and turned around. "I just wanted to be here, for Monse" he said. "I'm sorry" Cesar added.

"You're sorry?" the woman shook her head. "She's dead! That could have been easily Ruby or Jamal" she raised her voice a little. "Sorry doesn't cut it this time, you're a thug and I don't want Ruby around you anymore" she walked away. "Let's go Ruben! Now!" she called out.

"Don't worry I'll see you guys later" Ruby said before walking away. "I'm coming ma!" he yelled.

Jamal looked at Heaven and Cesar, he placed his gand on Cesar's back. "Don't worry, things will be alright" he said. Jamal wasn't trying to convince Cesar things were going to be fine, he was trying to convince himself. He soon spotted his parents coming out. "I have to go, meet at the place?" he asked.

Cesar just nodded his head, he watched as Jamal left with his family. That's when he spotted Monte coming out, they looked at each other. Cesar heart began to race, he thought maybe he was going to ask him why he showed up.

The man decided to walk over to Cesar, he didn't say anything. He reached over wrapping his arms around Cesar giving him a hug. He knew this wasn't Cesar's fault because he was Monse's dad and he should have been protecting her from the streets.