Chapter 11

Lyra dropped the knife, her hands shaking. She dropped to her side, she touched her shoulder. "mommy....?" she whispered, she was so scared for her. She held her, cupping her cheek, she pulled her mother's blouse closed quickly, she brushed her hair back, not wanting to hurt her. "pan... What do i do?" she whispered, glaring at Oliver in hate. Pan ran off, going somewhere. "hey.... I'm here..." she sobbed, she tried wiping the blood off of her neck. "this... Is all my fault" she sobbed, stroking her cheek. Pan came back in with a card, marys card. Lyra stood up and used the phone on the desk, dialing the number. "m... Mary...." she whispered, looking at her ma in shock, she didn't know what to say.

Mary frowned "lyra... Breathe..." she stood up and asked lyra for the address, with shaky hands she typed it in. She got in her car, her phone on loud speaker. "hey! Lyra... Stay on the call for me" she said. Lyra nodded. Mary was there in ten minutes, she went into her study, kissed lyra on the head. "honey... Go to bed" lyra nodded and went into her room, though she was worried. Mary dropped down onto her knees, she frowned and checked her pulse. Her eyes saddened when she saw her blouse slightly undone. "oh you poor thing..." she whispered, she buttoned up her shirt and brushed her hair back, cupping her cheek, keeping an eye on her pulse. "Marisa...?" she called out, in a firm voice.

marisa’s body was still numb but her eyes slowly started to flutter open once she heard a small voice, calling out to her. ozymandias was lying on the carpet, beside marisa with his eyes still closed. her breathing started to fasten, when she saw a flash of a familiar redhead from the shops. she tried to study the woman’s face, but her eyes were too blurry. “am i dreaming..?” she whispered, slowly but solidly. mrs coulter was too lightheaded, weak to recognize or see anything else besides dr malone. this wasn’t real, she truly must be dreaming.. the woman’s presence felt so surreal, it was impossible she was there. marisa tried her best to remember the last thing that happened to her before she passed out. and she did. she remembered oliver and her hands started shaking at the thought of him still being somewhere near her lyra.

A tear fell from her eye. "no... I'm here..." she whispered quietly. She stroked her cheek. She frowned and tried to calm her down, taking her hand in hers. "hey... You're safe" she looked her in the eyes. "lyra, is safe" she said. She shifted up a little, getting Marisa in her arms, she picked her up, away from the dead body, away from the trashed office and to her room, she layed her down on the bed, she went back, not caring she wasn't supposed to touch oz, she picked him up and layed her to Marisas side. "did... Did he..." she meant to say if he had done anything. She simply couldn't get the words out. She placed a hand on marias back, rubbing it gently

marisa tried to remember more but couldn’t, when mary whispered lyra’s name, her eyes grew wide, her lips started trembling. even an ozymandias opened his eyelids, alarmed. “lyra..” she whispered as she remembered lyra smashing the mirror in her bathroom, overtaken by an unbelievable rage. mrs coulter’s heart ached for her daughter. she couldn’t even feel the warmth of mary’s body when the woman picked her up, but she could slightly feel both: pleasure and distress as dr malone touched oz. it felt extraordinary and she didn’t care about the fact that she had known this woman only for one day, she enjoyed her soft hands on the monkey daemon. when mary asked about oliver she dug her sharp nails into her skin as she always did, but she didn’t even feel the slightest twitch of pain as if she was a ghost. nothing could help her anymore. marisa couldn’t even recall at least one half of her fight with oliver, ..and maybe.. maybe he did do it. a couple of tears escaped from the cage of her eyeballs. “i don’t remember..” she held onto mary’s hand as tightly as she could before asking about lyra again. “is lyra.. is she safe? where is.. where is he?”

Mary frowned, she kept rubbing her back. She clenched her jaw, she couldn't remember if she'd been sexually assaulted, by the unbuttoned shirt, she had at least been that, if not raped. It seemed lyra had come just in time, at least that was her hope. Mary came around the edge of the bed, kneeled down by the bed, letting marisa hold her hand as tightly as she needed. "listen to me... Lyra is safe" she promised that to the woman. She pulled the covers slowly over Marisa. "we.... We should really get you washed and changed..." she put her hand on the woman's shoulder and then pulled her hand back, she looked into the woman's eyes, she unbuttoned the first three buttons of her bloody blouse. "I'm just taking a look.." she frowned, she pushed the blouse aside, seeing the hickey from Oliver, and bruises on her should from where oz was hurt. This was enough to make Mary cry, she couldn't stop her hurting, and she wished she could. She leaned forward and put her hand on the back of her head, stroking it gently, she guided Mrs Coulters head to her chest. "it's alright... You're alright..." she pressed her head to her chest, gently stroking her hair more, god, her heart absolutely broke.