Kids?

Third Person pov.

    Nick sat there for a couple of minutes trying to wrap his head around what she just told him, its not that he didn't like the idea; no he loved it, he was just trying to process the information. "Wait are you serious?!" his whole face lit up into a smile that brightened the room. Liliana knew he's been wanting kids for a while but with what she does it was almost impossible to find the right time to try, whenever they would think about trying either something with NCIS came up or it was the Marines. Now that she's back and thinking of retiring out of the Marine Corps it's the right moment. She also knew she could put in a request to become an Officer, she'd still be accomplishing her dream but she wouldn't be out on the battlefield. "I'm so serious babe, I've also been doing some thinking and I could always ask General Adams about becoming an Officer. I'd still be doing both the things I love I just wouldn't be on the frontlines anymore." she explained to him. "I truthfully think that's the best idea, you'd be home more. I'm so ready to start this next chapter in our lives, shit I've been dreaming about this very moment since we were sixteen" Nick said to her with his normal goofy grin that only his wife sees.  

    Later on in the day while the team was out on case Lili went down to go see her best friend. As she walks in Abby immediately gives the older woman a hug which she reciprocates " I've got some great news for you doll" she tells Abby "Ooo and what might that be? oh wait no let me guess, you and Nick want to start a family". Lili looks at Abby shocked "How in the actual fuck did you know that? We never said anything to anyone. I only told Nick a couple of hours ago" Liliana said "I've known you for years Lil, I know what you're thinking before you even think it. How do you think I knew about that lump you had?". Liliana was in utter shock, Abby and Nick were the only people other than her Oncologist that knew about it. She kept that part of her life very well hidden, hell she doesn't even know if Gibbs knew but she had a feeling he secretly knew but didn't say anything. Gibbs finds out everything even if you try and hide it. About 5 years ago she had noticed a lump on her right breast so she went down to ask Abby what she thought she should do and as she was going to ask about it Abby already knew what it was about. She went to her Doctor where she was diagnosed with stage 3 Breast Cancer, she got rounds and rounds of Chemo. She went into remission and was declared cancer free 8 months later. "I'm just scared Abs, what if it comes back? What if-" Abby stopped her in the middle of her sentence to say "Now you stop talking like that ok? If it does happen to come back we face it head on, we will all be right by your side every step of the way alright? Now as for you and him starting a family, I'm so happy for you both. You guys need this, for as long as I can remember you have been wanting that." Liliana knew Abby was right, she always was. She just couldn't help but think that it's going to come back and ruin her happy moment in life no matter when. "Yeah you're right it's just hard to not think about it Abs. It's also hitting now more than ever that my mom won't be able to meet her grandchild, this is when I need her the most and she's not here." Abby could see the tears in Lilianas eyes as she was talking about her mother, the late Jennifer Shepard. "Lils your mom is up there looking down on you and is so proud of everything that you have accomplished and more. Sure she might not be here physically but she's right here" she places her hand where Lilianas heart is. "You don't know how much I love you Abigail Sciuto" she embraces her best friend into a tight hug. " I love you more Liliana Torres, we all do".

               ~  AUTHORS NOTE ~

  Hello lovelies I sincerely apologize for not updating a while, I've been going through a lot with work, graduating, losing my best friend in a car accident, and finding out my mom has cancer. I took a break from writing to clear my head but I'm back now and will be updating more frequently. 

   Wow did any of y'all make the connection on who her mother was?