"No," Wei WuXian deadpanned, shoving past Jin ZiXuan, who let out an annoyed growl and followed him.

"Wei WuXian! Why are you being so full of yourself right now?!" Jin ZiXuan scolded, "You have to come!! You're part of the Jiang-"

"No, I'm not," Wei WuXian muttered at him, walking faster and towards the campus parking lot, towards Mianmian's truck and his black motorcycle.

Jin ZiXuan, narrowed his eyes, being stubborn and repeating with a deep offense, "You're not!? You've been living under their roof for your entire life! They even legally adopted you!!"

Wei WuXian rolled his eyes, and stopped in front of his bike, turning to the older male, "Wrong. They only signed papers to have custody of me- that too, Madam Yu only did it because Uncle Jiang convinced her it would be a good thing for Jiang Cheng to have someone his age that he's close to,"

"Signing those papers mean they adopted you!" Jin ZiXuan exclaimed.

"Those same papers almost caused them to sign another set, called divorce," Wei WuXian spoke with a sarcastic smile and then frowned, "Why are you so pushy about this anyway? I've made up my mind!"

"Made up your mind about what?" Jiang Yanli's voice asked and the two glanced towards the female, who was walking up to them with the rest of the group.

Jin ZiXuan crossed his arms over his chest, "Wei WuXian says he's not coming to dinner next week,"

There was a pause, before everyone looked at Wei WuXian, who didn't meet their gazes.

"You have to go though," MianMian frowned.

"No, I don't,"

"Wei-xiong, you love the dinner though?" Nie Huaisang raised an eyebrow confused, "If your stacked up with work for that project Professor Lan assigned, I'm sure Lan-xiong won't mind if you rest a bit,"

Lan Zhan looked at Wei WuXian, "Is it too much?"

"What? No. I just don't need to go, so why should I?" Wei WuXian assured, "I'm not overworking myself,"

Seeing their dubious looks, he added with a slight chuckle, "I'm getting more than enough sleep,"

"You are obliged to go the dinner," Mianmian frowned, "You're part of a gentry family,"

Wei WuXian's fingers tightened on his arms. Jin ZiXuan eyed him and scoffed, "What? Suddenly lost the nerve to say what you said before because Jiang Cheng and A-Li are here? Do you usually keep quiet about things when it comes to your family?"

"Wait- what thing?" Jiang Cheng asked but was ignored.

Wei WuXian clicked his tongue, looking at Jin Zixuan, "I find that real ironic coming from the guy who started dating my shijie without letting her family know-"

"So she is your sister!" Jin ZiXuan said with a smirk while Wei WuXian's eyes widened a bit, "Congratulations Wei-gongzi! You've gone against your own words! Now since we've confirmed your part of the Jiang family, you are herby obliged to attend to Start of Fall dinner like the rest of us gentry families,"

"I-" Wei WuXian tried but stopped.

Jin Zixuan looked at him, "You what? Have another excuse?"

"Theyre not excuses! They're facts!" Wei WuXian defended.

"Then why don't you say that fact to your siblings faces?" Jin Zixuan motioned towards the two Jiang siblings who had remained very still the entire time, just watching the argument.

Wei WuXian glanced at them and then away, "Why should I say it...they already know,"

Jin ZiXuan seemed to have paused, dumbfounded. He looked at Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli, who were obviously showing confusion and worry. He blinked at Wei WuXian and sighed with frustration, rubbing his temples. Jiang Yanli placed a hand on her boyfriend's shoulder, before looking at Wei Wuxian, "A-Xian, why do you say you cannot attend?"