Wei WuXian felt his stomach begin to churn with uneasiness. He was on his motorcycle, driving up the familiar streets just a little bit out of the city and into the more wealthy areas where the large houses stood. As he drove past, he could see the familiar building and sidewalks he would pass by every day before his disappearance.

Wei WuXian sucked in a breath as he saw the beautiful gates of the Jiang Residence come into view. He came to a stop by the gate's, staring up at the large entrance and then at one of the security guards walking up to him. Wei WuXian reached into his pocket, pulling out a silver bell with a purple tassel.

When the guard saw it, his eyes widened and he moved out of the way, nodding to two people on the inside of the gate who walked forward and opened up the gate. Wei WuXian nodded in thanks, the engine roaring to life again as he drove in up the brick driveway. As he drove up to the house, he glanced around the property, memories running through his head.

Wei WuXian smiled behind the helmet as he slowed around the circle way. He turned off the engine and kicked down the stand, looking up as the door opened. Jiang Cheng ran out, most likely hearing the sound of Wei WuXian's bike. Wei WuXian removed his helmet, shaking out his hair and getting up, hanging his helmet on the handle and whistling lightly to have a friend of his make sure nothing happened to his bike.

He then turned around, only to grunt as a body was thrown on him, arms around his torso. Wei WuXian smiled softly, returning Jiang Cheng's hug tightly and closing his eyes, "Hey, didi,"

"Five days. Five fucking days," Jiang Cheng reminded them of their age difference, but Wei WuXian knew he was smiling.

They pulled back and Wei WuXian looked at the boy's face carefully, "Are you okay? When I called you sounded like you had cried,"

Jiang Cheng didn't deny nor confirm. He just swung an arm over Wei WuXian's shoulders and began to walk towards the house, "Let's go eat,"

Wei WuXian walked in and he purposely removed his shoes slowly, eyes darting around the familiar foyer. They walked into the house and Wei WuXian felt more guilt pool in his stomach. Letting out a shaky exhale, Wei WuXian followed Jiang Cheng to the kitchen where the smell of familiar food drifted to him.

When he walked in, he froze in place. Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan were already seated, engaged in a quiet conversation. Jiang Yanli was walking to the table, placing down a pale blue pot in the center. Jiang Cheng announced he was here and everyone turned to look over at him, smiling brightly.

More guilt.

Wei WuXian couldn't stop the smile nor the slight tears in his eyes, which he furiously blinked away as he walked forward. He sat down in the chair he would always take, smiling softly as he was handed a bowl of Lotus Rib Soup.

"Shijie..." Wei WuXian looked at her, "I didn't actually expect you to make it!"

"Why? Did you think I lied to you?" Jiang Cheng asked before Jiang Yanli could intervene.

Wei WuXian gave his a brother an eyebrow raise, "how many times have you tricked me with said soup?"

"Okay, okay! Stop fighting!" Jiang Yanli laughed, "A-Xian, I told A-Cheng to tell you I'd make the soup,"

Wei WuXian smiled and nodded. He then glanced down at the soup, taking a spoon and sipping it. Nostalgia hit him everywhere. Wei WuXian's smile turned pained without him realizing.

"A-Xian, is everything okay? Is it too hot?" Jiang Fengmian asked.

Wei WuXian glanced up and fixed his expression quickly, "Everything's fine," He smiled softly, "I just missed the taste,"