The Start of Fall Dinner was never short of beautiful. From everything to the atmosphere to the dishes, everything was perfectly decorated in shades of Autumn. The dinner was always held on the rooftop deck of the Koi Tower. It was a large grand building that all their parent's frequently visited. In the modern world, Koi Tower was what one could consider the Cultivation Headquarters. It was a large private building that had many many rooms for many things of the cultivation world. The top floor and roof deck were completely private and could only be accessed by the gentry families.  The top floor was a large flat where the gentry families would usually meet together for both casual and work meetings. The rooftop deck was used for festivals when the weather deemed it fit. 

Such as the Start of Fall Dinner.

Each gentry family was well off. That was known to the entire world. The Jin's, stayed on a large private property with gates, gardens, a pool, and a mansion. The Nie's didn't live in a large mansion, instead, they lived in a large house with lots of land surrounding it. The Lan's stayed in a private complex called Cloud Recesses. Lan Zhan, his brother, and his uncle all shared the main family's house, which was easily the one with the large back door garden filled with trimmed grass and an organized array of flowers, ponds, and gazebos. The Jiang's lived in a beautiful modern house, with various large ponds and lakes surrounding the private property. The fifth gentry family was the Wen's. The current gentry family was...rude to put it simply.

But none of the other gentry families tried to stop them because Wen Ruohan was a very powerful man. Both in cultivation and modern society. He deemed it unneeded to attend any of the gentry celebrations, but just for manner's sake, they still bothered to send an invite. To be honest, Lan Zhan was quite sure that everyone was more than delighted the Wen family never attended. 

"Brother," Lan Zhan glanced at Lan Xichen as they walked up the small flight of stairs to the rooftop deck, "Has everyone else arrived?"

Lan Xichen pushed his phone swiftly into his pant pocket and smiled, "Sort of,"

Lan Zhan didn't get to question that before their uncle the sounds of music and loud voices trickled into his ears. He heard his uncle say something about no alcohol, before they emerged into the sight of the other three families. 

"Master Lan!" Jin Guangshan, Jin Zixuan's father, greeted first, the other adults following.

"And it seems the Twin Jade's have grown nothing but more handsome," Yu Ziyuan, Jiang Cheng, Jiang Yanli's and Wei WuXian's, mother smiled.

Lan Zhan recalled when the woman used to be nothing but aggressive. He didn't know all the details, other than Yu Ziyuan's and Jiang Fengmian's marriage suddenly began to improve and the woman also was less aggressive. Of course, that did not take away that she was an absolute viper when she was pissed, but beside the point.

Lan Zhan and Lan Xichen both bowed at the compliments. Jiang Fengmian looked at Lan Zhan and suddenly frowned, "Lan-gongzi, did A-Xian not accompany you?"

Lan Zhan looked at the male with surprise and confusion, "Master Jiang...I wasn't aware Wei Ying would be arriving with me?"

"Neither were we," Lan Xichen frowned, "Is Wei-gongzi not here?"

Nie Mingjue, Nie Huaisang's older brother answered, "Wei-gongzi didn't arrive with the Jiang's,"

Lan Zhan frowned and he looked expectingly at his brother. The older nodded and Lan Zhan turned, walking away from the head of the families to over to his friends. All of them were here other than Mianmian and Wei WuXian. There was also an extra face that belonged to Jin Zixun.

"Lan-xiong!" Nie Huaisang smiled and Lan Zhan took a seat on the couch.

"Wei Ying isn't here?" He got straight to the point.