Prologue

"How much for that one?" The man slightly jerked his head towards a little boy in the middle of the room.

"Not for sale," the lady responded. "They've got a parent."

"They?"

"He's got a sister, a twin sister."

"So the price is hiked up?"

"No, he's not for sale," she took a serious tone to her voice.

"I don't care," he mimicked her tone of voice. "and since he's got a sister, I'll make him free."

"You can't do that," the lady stopped him. "It's against the rules."

"Do you think I care if it's against the rules?" He held his gun to her stomach, "The boy is mine."

The lady swallowed, "Don't forget, if you do this, you will either have to kill the boy's family, or your men will kill you."

He nodded. His pitch black trench coat waved behind him as he strode over to the boy and his sister. Simply he took the boy by the wrist and led him towards the door. He only got a few feet before the turned to his sister, suddenly, the boy stopped dead in his tracks. The man turned around to pick the boy up when he saw the little girl.

"Why are you taking my Peter?" the little girl questioned saddly. Seeing this, Peter began to tear up as well.

"Why are you taking me away from my Ari?" Both children were nearly in tears, neither one knew what was happening. The man had no response, but instead picked up Peter and walked out. On his way out the man had passed another man, he wore his army uniform like a badge of honor.

"Where are my two little wonders?" the army man stated as he stepped into the orphanage.

"Daddy!" Ari ran across the room and jumped into her father's waiting arms.

"Arielle!" The man spun her in a circle, laughing the entire time. "Where's Peter?"

"Gone," she replied, not thinking anything of it.

"What do you mean 'gone'?" The army man was confused.

"Big man took him away."

"When?"

"When you came in." Arielle was not phased by any of the events that had just happened. "When are we going home?"

"Now sweetie." He slowly set down his daughter and held her hand as they walked out. She's only three, he thought, she won't remember him, and I won't ever tell her about this. She'll never notice. That's where he was wrong.