Chapter 6

The new house is practically on the other side of the country from our last home. I'm surprised Officer Woods drove us there instead of flying. The house is nice, it has a big yard for the dogs, but I'm not a big fan of the people. They seem judgy of the fact that I walk around with a chimp. Other than that it's great.

The truck our stuff was in was directly behind us the entire time, they pulled into the driveway right behind us. After All the boxes were in the house we started to sort them into separate rooms. Peter is getting his own room that's connected to mine. It's on the third floor this time, because now we have a third floor. The oly other room on this floor is a bathroom.

"Can we go drive around town? We can go find out how close everything is."

"Did you unpack your room?" Officer Woods didn't want to spend a lot of time with stuff in boxes.

"For the most part." Officer Woods gave me a look. "All that's left is the stuff that goes on the walls." I raised my hands to show I wasn't hiding anything. Officer Woods groaned and rolled his eyes in defeat.

"Fine, go get Peter." I smiled and ran upstairs to get him.

It's about five blocks to any stores, and all of them are just clumped together. at the end of the stretch I saw a little organic food shop.

"Pull over!" I leaned forward and grabbed at Officer Woods's arm.

"Okay! Calm yourself." He pulled into a parking spot and straightened out. The second my door was unlocked I was out of the car and walking Peter to the little store.

It is nothing like Mrs. Bankowski's store, this one is bigger, more options. There's a few people walking around, filling their baskets, giving me and Peter strange looks.

"Hey! You can't bring that thing in here!" The man at the checkout table just noticed Peter.

"What thing?" I've decided to play dumb. Couldn't hurt much.

"That monkey!"

"I'm pretty sure monkeys aren't things. And this is a chimpanzee." I don't do dumb very well.

"Well, either way, you can't bring it in here!"

"I didn't see a sign." The man looked mad.

"How old are you?"

"Why should I tell you?" He sighed, I'm about to win.

"I have absolutely no idea." I had just won. Peter can come and go as he pleases.

Knowing that I'll be able to take Peter to get his food with me, I went back out to the car. Officer Woods was just about to walk into the store when I walked out.

"All good, we can go home now." I just went strait for the car with Peter at my side, no explanation given.