Chapter 1 : The Heisei Holmes

<Third Person POV>

Host : Come now, Inspector Megure, how long are you going to detain my guests? I don't have time for these investigations. Moreover, you have no evidence!

Megure : Ok, ok! Sir, no matter how much you complain, the deceased was one of your dinner party guests. Manager Yamazaki from the Yatsubishi Bank was killed here, could you bear with us for just a little longer?

Megure said as he tried to soothe out the guests and the dinner party host himself, who is sitting on a wheelchair with a cast on his right leg with a maid and a butler beside him.

Host : Are you implying that the murderer is still here?

Shinichi : That's right!

Everyone then turns around to the voice seeing a young man, Shinichi standing at the door. Shinichi then walks inside and stand next to Inspector Megure.

Shinichi : The crime took place in a sealed room that was locked from the inside. The murderer entered through the balcony from an adjacent window and escaped the same way. The ground below the balcony had no traces and based on that, this murder must have been committed by someone here.

Host : It is impossible! There must be at least a 10-meter gap from the window to the balcony. How can anyone jump across that?

Shinichi : If one makes use of the roof's eaves, then the distances to the balcony is not more than 2 meters!

Host : Hmph! That's a naive deduction! Then how could the person leave? If the gap is 2 meters and the eaves are only 10 cm wide, how does one safely return?

Before the murderer left the first room, he fixed an end of a rope there. When leaving the second room, he fixed the other end onto the balcony and then climbed back.

Megure : In that case, how does the person untie the rope on the balcony?

Shinichi : That's simple, Megure-keibu. That end of the rope would have a rod attached to it and it would hold between the balcony's posts due to a constant tension in the rope, so with a little bit of slack, it can be removed! Could you go to the balcony and check? You should find some marks on the spot where the rod was held.

Megure : But why would Yamazaki wait in a locked room?

Shinichi : I'm afraid that the murderer told him that he had some important information and instructed him to lock the door from the inside and wait.

Host : That's enough! You're straying from the point! Who killed my best friend Mr. Yamazaki?!

The host shout out in dissatisfied. Shinichi then continues.

Shinichi : Only a person who knows the layout of the house very well could have done it and during that time, could go wherever he wanted and no one would suspect him. He is....

Shinichi took a pause making everyone in the room feeling suspense. Megure look at him while lowly urging him.

Megure : He is....?

Shinichi : It's YOU, Old man!

Shinichi said as he pointed to the host. The host face turn to horror before masking it with a fake smile.

Host : What kind of joke is this? First of all, my leg still hasn't....

Shinichi : There is only one truth....

Shinichi cut the host talk then grab the globe behind him throwing it to the host. The host, in avoiding the globe thrown to his direction, he avoided it by standing on his cast leg shocking everyone in the room. The globe roll in front of Shinichi's feet.

Maid : M-master, your leg!

Host : Crap!

Shinichi : Your leg had already healed three months ago! Isn't that so, Megure-keibu?

Megure : Stop acting! Your doctor has already told us everything. Also, we have uncovered everything. You and Yamazaki performed secret money transactions.

The host then turn around in an attempt to run away.

Shinichi : Still trying to escape?

Shinichi then kick the globe near his feet knocking the host straight on the head making the host fall to the floor face first.

Shinichi : GOAL!!

<TIME SKIP>

Megure : Oh, you've helped me out again, Kudo-kun! It's like this every time, sorry about that.

Megure said as he pat Shinichi's back rather a bit too strong as he bends forward a bit. They are now outside of the host mansion seeing the host being cuff and lead to the police car.

Shinichi : No, no. If there is any difficult case, just come and find me, The Great Detective - Kudo Shinichi!

_______________________________________________

Heya, hi. How are you? This is my second book and if you go to my page, my first book is also Detective Conan, but the x reader one.

So, here is the thing. I like yaoi. So, that is why I make this book. I don't have any talents in writing or literature. So, if the story is not that good and is below your expectation, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Bye. 😘