Friends

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom" Stef got up quietly in between performances.
"Alright, hurry back!" Mike said taking another sip.
Stef noticed a long line for the bathroom and didn't want to miss too much of the performances so she decided to go to the more secluded and quiet one located close to backstage.
Luckily when she got there there was only a few others there.
Once she was finished she went out to wash her hands when she saw Lena walk in with her daughter.
"Stef!" Lena said surprised to see her there.
"Hi! Just taking a quick bathroom break" Stef said wiping her hands.
"You must be Frankie! I'm Stef" she reached out her hand and Frankie shook it.
"Nice to meet you" Frankie said shyly
"Alright, you go change" Lena said before she went off into a stall.
Stef and Lena walked out into the empty hallway.
"I never asked you about your husband or significant other" Stef said being friendly. She wanted to know more about her.
"Actually, I'm divorced. I was with my wife Monte for about 5 years before we divorced" she said and Stef froze. Wife? This made her feel butterflies in her stomach. What are the odds that she would be a lesbian as well?
"Oh, I'm so sorry" Stef said not knowing what to say.
"No, it's okay. It wasn't a really good marriage anyway" Lena laughed awkwardly trying to not make the conversation too serious. She barely knew Stef.
"Oh well then I guess that's good I am actually in the process of getting a divorce" Stef said hesitantly. She felt bad for lying but she knew there was some truth in the statement. Mike and her were barely holding on and divorce was going to happen at any moment.
"I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is trying to do things for the children" Lena frowned.
"Basically we are just trying to keep it together for their sake" Stef added and Lena nodded.
"I understand that. We are on good terms now and Frankie is the best thing I got from it. At least you have your twins" Lena smiled and touched her arm slightly.
"It's just so hard not knowing how to be the best parent and what is best for the kids. I just know I deserve better than to stay with someone who doesn't treat me or make me feel the way I should" Stef swallowed and before she could say another word Lena's lips touched hers. She was shocked but let it happen. This felt right.

Callie stopped and immediately ran back around the corner after what she saw

Callie stopped and immediately ran back around the corner after what she saw. Her mom kissing the principal? But she's a girl. Callie was shocked and didn't even notice Emma looking at her.
"What are you doing?" Emma laughed.
"There's a lot of people out there let's wait to change" Callie quickly replied still in disbelief.
She felt like crying, her mom cheated on her dad. They were going to for sure get a divorce. Her heart sank as she thought about losing them together. This meant she would be just like Emma. Two birthday's. Two holiday celebrations. Step parents.
"What's wrong?" Emma said scrunching her eyebrows.
Callie didn't answer instead she ran out into the main lobby and out to the parking lot.
The recital was now over so it wasn't odd for her to be outside as several other dancers and families were out there as well.
She found a quiet spot and started crying into her hands quietly.
"Oh my gosh, I - I'm so sorry" Lena said pulling away and fixing her hair.
"No no don't apologize it's okay"
"This is so unprofessional of me" Lena said slightly embarrassed.
"We're friends right? This didn't happen as principal to parent. It was between friends. And I didn't mind it all that much" Stef said taking her shot.
Lena smirked,
"Well I can't disagree with that. Okay, how about I talk to you later? I need to be principal right now. You have my number" just then Frankie walked out of the bathroom.
"Bye Stef!" Frankie said. Stef waved bye to her and they both walked out to assist the parking lot and open doors.
"Shit" Stef whispered she had no idea how late it had been and realized she left right when it was almost about to end.
She walked towards the auditorium and Mike and Brandon ran out hysterically towards her.
"Callie isn't with her class and Emma s-said she ran out" Mike slurred.
"What!" Stef said in disbelief. Mike clearly had more to drink than he said.
"How much did you drink?" She whispered in his ear as they all walked up to the exit.
"N-not much sshesh" she had now felt less bad about kissing Lena. She wasn't faithful to Mike, but she didn't care because he didn't deserve it.
"Oh my god" she whispered back.
"Calm down it's a-a Friday n-night"
"Stay here and you're lucky I don't arrest you right now" she told Mike and he sat down on a bench outside the school and rolled his eyes.
"B stay with your dad please" she said and Brandon nodded.
She hoped Callie would have come out here with some of her classmates. She fast walked around the school and started to panic with every step.
She was desperate at this point and pulled out her phone to call Callie again. Just then she saw a girl sitting by a bush near the street.
She basically sprinted up to her and put her hands on her hips as Callie looked up at her with tears in her eyes.
"You better have a good reason as to why you're sitting by the STREET alone at night. We talked about this before" she said trying to hold in her anger. She knew they were still at the school and didn't want to embarrass her or seem like a horrible parent.
"Leave me alone" she buried her face into her knees.
Stef rolled her eyes and grabbed her arm and pulled her up. Callie obeyed, she didn't want to cause a scene at school either.
"Tell me why you're out here. I have had it with you" Stef warned. She was done putting up with her antics.
Callie ignored her. She didn't want to say what she saw so instead she decided to make up a lie.
"I messed up on stage" she said quietly.
"WHAT!" Stef was absolutely mad at her for doing all of this just because she messed up.
"I couldn't even tell. You did amazing. This is now how we deal with our emotions. Now pretend to be happy and let's go" they met up with Mike and Brandon and then headed to the vehicle to leave.
They all stayed silent on the way home. All except for Callie who was silently crying in the backseat letting out quiet sobs once in a while.
"You did g-great honey!" Mike said half oblivious trying to cheer her up.
Brandon made a disgusted face. He could smell the alcohol on his breath and it reminded him of the past.
They arrived home and the kids ran to their bedrooms. Callie slammed her door causing Stef to sigh.
"You get the hell in bed. I can't believe you drank at your daughter's dance recital" she rolled her eyes. Mike headed upstairs and immediately fell asleep after his head hit the pillow.