New Normal

"We'll have to ask mom if it's okay first. I think she will say yes" Frankie smiled and nodded.
Stef looked over at Lena slightly awkward. They never really talk about Monte but if they are going to get serious with a relationship, she knew it was inevitable. If she liked it or not, Monte would be in her life just as Mike will be in Lena's.
"Of course honey but let's not worry about that until we actually have the tickets and plan" Lena chuckled
"Yeah okay" she frowned.
"Mike should be here soon with the twins. I can't wait for you all to meet!" Stef nervously cleaned a few things around the house.
"I can't wait I am nervous though" Frankie said looking down shyly.
"Don't be. It will be great! They're sweet kids" Stef reassured her.
"Bathroom?" Frankie asked standing up.
Stef showed her where it was and sat down alone with Lena now.
"Almost time" Stef leaned in and gave Lena a kiss.
Things finally felt right.
"I think they are having suspicions already" Stef added.
"Well, I am more involved at school and in their lives. Driving them home, buying them lunch, hanging out with their mom. I think Frankie knew a while ago as well" Lena said looking at her.
"I have to stop thinking they're still 6 and can't figure anything out. No secrets with them. Now they keep secrets from me" Stef sighed and Lena laughed.

~

"I survived" Mike said as he opened the door and was greeted by Stef.
"I missed you mommy" Callie said wrapping her arms around Stef.
"Me too" Brandon added and joined the hug.
"Me too loves, so so much. Now go put your backpacks away in your room and then come back downstairs so we can have a talk" Stef said giving them a kiss.
They ran in and saw Lena in the kitchen but continued running up the stairs.
"Oh my god! Why is she here?" Brandon giggled.
"It's so awkward seeing her here when we see her at school like everyday" Callie said going up to her door.
"I know, guess we have to get used to it" he laughed as he went into his room and put down his backpack.
Callie entered her room with a sigh and froze in her tracks when she saw someone standing by her vanity.
"Ummm" Callie said still standing at the door way.
"Ooops sorry I was looking around the house and I guess I should have asked if I can come into the rooms" Frankie said shyly.
"Yeah, this is my room" Callie said placing her backpack down on the bed.
"My mom is downstairs. She doesn't know I came up here actually" Frankie said walking towards the door.
"Your mom is Ms. Adams?" Callie crossed her arms.
"Yes. That's my mom. Are you Callie?" She said and Callie got tense,
"Yeah, I'm Callie. What's your name?"
"Frankie"
"Oh yeah, I think I've seen you around school" Callie gave a half smile.
"Same" Frankie smiled back.
"How old are you?" Callie said sitting down on her bed.
"I'm 11. My birthday was last month"
"Nice. I'm 12 my birthday was like 3 months ago I think" Callie said trying to remember.
"Well, my mom wants us to go downstairs to talk so you'll have to go back downstairs too" Callie said trying to get her to leave.
"Oh yeah. My mom says she wants to talk to me too" Frankie said shrugging as she walked downstairs.
Callie was confused.
Why did her mom want to have a talk with Ms. Adams and Frankie here? She suddenly remembered the kiss. The kiss that she tried to forget and that she just brushed over and figured was nothing or maybe just her imagination.
But now it seemed real and she felt her stomach drop at the thought.
"Come on" Brandon tapped her shoulder as he came out from his room and skipped downstairs ahead of her.
"There you guys are. Nice to see you again, how was school?" Lena smiled and sat next to Stef on the couch.
"It was good" Brandon said
"Sit, let's talk. We have something we want to tell you all" the twins sat down on the opposite couch along with Frankie.
"Yayyy" Frankie said excitedly and Callie glanced at her. Why was she so excited? This is not the usual response Callie and Brandon give when their mom wants to tell them something.
They both sat nervous looking at her waiting.
"So, I know this has been a hard couple of weeks and we're all still trying to adjust. I wanted to tell you both I'm so proud of you and how well you are both doing" Stef smiled and they could tell she was getting slightly emotional.
"And we're all finding out what normal is again. Or a new normal. So I wanted to let you both know that dad and I will most likely both get new partners. And date new people.." Stef said. Her hands were shaking. This was a big deal to come out to her children.
"I know you two are mature enough to understand that yeah? And I love you both endlessly so I feel I need to be honest with who I am seeing now. So, now that we're all here I wanted to tell you guys" she looked over at Lena then back at the kids.
Callie and Brandon had shocked expressions and Frankie was holding in a smile.
"Lena and I are dating" Stef nodded making eye contact with them.
Frankie immediately jumped up,
"Awwe! I knew it mama!" She said hugging Lena.
"Really?" Brandon said unsure of what to do.
Callie forced a smile and Brandon awkwardly smiled as well.
"Ohh wow I'm surprised but I kinda was thinking" Callie forced a giggle and Frankie chimed in,
"Yeah now it's kinda like we're sisters" she laughed.
Callie looked over at her and sucked in her lips. It was easier for Frankie to hear this news considering she had two moms in the past already. Stef knew Brandon and Callie would be shocked and would need time before they were used to the situation and happy about it.
"What are you two thinking?" Stef giggled watching them still sitting in the same position.
Brandon shrugged.
"Come here. I love you two and I know it's going to take some time to process" Stef opened her arms and gave Callie a hug and kiss.

She felt her shake below her and she looked at her face

She felt her shake below her and she looked at her face. Tears streaming down and her eyes sealed shut.
"Why don't we come outside and talk" Stef whispered to Callie and she nodded covering her face with her hands, trying to hide her tears from Lena and Frankie.
Stef walked outside with Callie leaving Brandon inside with Frankie and lena.
"Was she sad?" Frankie said confused.
"No honey, it's okay" Lena said nervously.

At least she hoped she wasn't. She knew her kids were most important so if they didn't like Stef being with her then she was scared it would be the end of their relationship.