《2》Ilse's Notebook

.
.
.
.
.

|YEAR 849...BEFORE THE BATTLE OF TROST|

Not long after her arrival, Eva quickly adjusted her lifestyle in the survey corps and as a member of the elite squad; Special Operations Squad. The expeditions became less of a hassle for the Survey Corps since Eva's honed skills helped lessen the kills of their comrades. 

Eva quickly rose up in her team; having the most titan kills solely compared to her teammates...ranking her third-best, right behind Mike.  She was quickly acknowledged for her skills...and earned the respect of the older soldiers, including Erwin and Levi himself.

 "Good work out there, Eva!" Petra compliments, heading to stand beside Eva who tended her horse. She flashed Eva a warm smile, "As expected of you~"

Eva couldn't help but smile at this, now turning to look at Petra, "Thank you,"

The expedition of the day soon came to an end, ordered by Commander Erwin himself. They did not accomplish much as they thought they would since the increase of titans came from the North. Thankfully, they managed to make bases on villages that were abandon due to the titans.

Oluo, who eavesdropped at Petra's and Eva's conversation, scoffed with an annoyed look. He approaches them, guiding along with his horse, "Look at you getting all mushy, Miller...!" 

 Eva and Petra turn to the male, Petra especially flashing him a deadpanned look. Just looking at him and hearing his voice pissed her off. 

 Oluo ignored the older woman's glare, continuing to slur at Eva, "Just because you have more kills than us doesn't make you any better!! Captain Levi is still beyond---" He was cut off when his horse accidentally pushed his side, making him bite his tongue as blood spurted out hastily from his mouth. He crouches down as he reaches for his mouth, moaning in pain...

 Despite the man's constant pestering, Eva surprisingly got used to this side of him. Honestly, it was amusing for the blonde girl, "Before you go and insult me like that Mister Oluo...please fix that habit of yours~" 

She also became quite comfortable with her squad.

 "D-Damn...brat...!!" Oluo curses at Eva's sly smirk as the rest of the SO squad laugh along with their performance. It was a normal expedition for the Survey Corps, even despite their gruesome lifestyle. There would be times when the squads would enjoy each other's company like this, helping them keep sane from the repulsive circumstances outside the walls. 

 "Quit fooling around..." A familiar booming voice resonates from above, urging their attention up to where the familiar stoic voice came from. A black horse came into view, as the rider before them softly glared their way, "We need to move out before sunset,"

 His squad saluted him, "Yes, Sir...!!"

Satisfied with their response, he turns on his horse before heading in another direction. It looks like he was heading towards the Commander. Eva's eyes linger briefly behind her Captain, especially towards the person he was heading to. She recognized the familiar blonde locks of hair, even despite the distance...she could feel his authority from where she stood.

  Petra, who was watching the taller girl, smiles cunningly her way, "Looking at the Commander again?" 

Eva disregarded the meaning behind her words, waving Petra off before reaching to go up on her brown horse. With a swift of her leg, she was now on top of the creature, tapping it gently on its neck before peering to look back at a pouting Petra. She flashed her a smirk.