《6》 Unexpected Side

.

.
.
.

The outcome of the trial settled out well with the Survey Corp's plan...as they were the ones to win custody over Eren Jeagar. With this, they were finally able to get even closer to discovering where the Titans came from. 

They currently reside in another room...all of the Section Commanders including Officer Eva were inside with the boy. He was of course still in pain after the 'beat-down' show Captain Levi did. The blonde officer was seated along with one of the wooden chairs of a desk that was beside the sofa where Eren was currently being treated. 

Eva watches with a rather bored look spread across her face, leaning her cheek over her crossed arms that lay on top of the edge of the chair. Hange was treating the poor boy's wounds, flinching even by the sting of the alcoholic sponge. Despite how much it hurt him, he knew well that it was for his own good...so that he wouldn't be infected by any means.

And of course, Hange was being weird around the boy...asking him how the pain made him feel. Eva could only scoff at Hange's words. 

"Sorry, you had to go through that...but the theatrics did get you under our custody,"

Eva was quick to disregard her attention to the two's interactions and focus her attention on the Commander. Her dull eyes seeing him walk over Eren and Hange before kneeling before the boy. Erwin then proceeds to lift up his hand towards the boy, smiling gently his way.

"You have my respects...Welcome to the team,"

Unknowingly, Eva's gaze narrows briefly towards the way Erwin acted towards the brunette, not liking how he acted all friendly towards the boy

Unknowingly, Eva's gaze narrows briefly towards the way Erwin acted towards the brunette, not liking how he acted all friendly towards the boy. But she remained passive since this was the first time in a while that the Commander smile so earnestly. It was almost refreshing...so she silently admired Erwin from afar.

Eren shyly shakes the man's hands, but he lets go when he saw Levi in the corner of his eye. He visibly flinched when he came over and sat next to the boy on the couch, his arm swung over the edge of the sofa, legs crossed before looking over at the brunette. 

"So Eren...you don't resent me do you?"

Eren's eyes could only widen and was quick to deny the Captain's words, going over and gripping his arm as he looked away, "N-No...I understand why you had to do it, Sir," Despite his words, Eren seemed to have been a little tense around the man.

Hange seemed to have thought otherwise, now voicing out her own thoughts, "But still! Don't you think you went too far? You even took his tooth out!!" And thus, taking out the said tooth from a handkerchief. 

Eva cringed from seeing the tooth, though she wasn't all surprised. She as well, voiced out her own thoughts, "Too far? It looked to me that the Captain was holding back..."