《11》Glad

Art color by h0pe.lez
.
.
.
.
.

Armin's team that was located on the second column on the right wing was slaughtered by the female titan, but the boy was spared one more time. And now he joined with the rear right wing where two recognizable peers, Reiner and Jean were set there. 

The mission has concluded its end, and they were now returning back towards where they planned to rest before parting once more to Calaneth District. Armin and Jean have both stuck close together during this mission, continuing to speculate it from their own perspective. The duo seemed to have figured out the true meaning of the mission that they took part in. It wasn't for the conquest for the Wall...but sniff out the traitor. 

It was quite difficult to doubt your own people, especially in this sort of world. A world where these creatures called Titans were a threat to their lives. But seeing how their buddy, Eren, was able to turn into said creature...and the appearance of the Female Titan showed up...now the doubt began to sink in. 

Just who exactly was the enemy here?

Jean and Armin's conversation came to a stop a while back, continuing to gallop their horses back to their post. But their silence was disrupted when Jean's voice came in a low tone.

"Hold on..."

Armin looked towards his side where Jean rode beside him, seeing his face morphed into a rather surprising one. The blonde boy was quick to look where the brunette was focused. Squinting his eyes, he was able to capture a small silhouette of what seems like a horse. The boy blinks, "Is that....a horse?"

Jean halts in his place, startling the rest of the superiors around them. 

"H-Hey what are you---!!" 

Jean ignores their calls, now ushering his horse to gallop towards the one he saw at the very distance. He tried to whistle without using his hands, hoping that the horse could hear him. And luckily for him, it heard his call...slowing down a bit in order for Jean to catch up and close in the distance. 

The young man came into a shock when he saw that the horse was not by itself. His eyes lay upon a body of an officer, short blonde hair, as their face was strained with dripping blood. Gulping, the boy reached over towards their face, nearing his tense hand towards the nose. He soon sighs of relief when he felt a faint air hit his knuckles, indicating that the soldier was still alive. 

Jean then looked back at the horse, patting its head by its accomplishment, "Atta boy...good job for bringing them," The horse seemed to have liked this, now licking the boy's hand from his compliment. Jean smiles, going over to grab the horse's ropes and guiding it back to the group that now approached him.

"What happened?" Armin was the first to speak, seeing that Jean was bringing the horse along. The team soon came to a surprise when they saw the body draped over the horse.

"They must have collapsed when riding their horse," Jean concluded, allowing everyone to see the person that laid unconscious. Their leader recognized the person, almost yelling shock. 

"T-That's---!!!" He gaps, nearing closer to the horse and inspecting the rider, "It's Officer Eva...!!"

Armin's eyes widen at this, briefly recalling the blonde officer from the trial that he participated in along with Mikasa for Eren's fate. He's heard many rumors of the said officer, as she was one of the best in the Survey Corps. Not to mention, she was part of the Levi Squad, the elite group that took charge of guarding Eren---

'W-Wait...' Armin starts, his face pales as he continues to look at the unconscious Eva. He couldn't stop his own thoughts, thinking the worst-case scenario. If she was riding her horse all the way out here unconscious, by herself not to mention, only meant that she was retreating from her post. Eva was one of the best soldiers...but if she was this injured....and not with Eren...only meant one thing;