Down by the lake

Ella wandered into the large room by herself, to Richie's surprise. The brunette made a face at the breakfast choices, turning to look around the vacant tables. When her gaze fell on Richie, her expression shifted to one of pleading. He motioned her over to the empty seats alongside him, offering a smile. She walked relatively fast- within a few moments, the girl was settled next to him, smoothing her ponytail.

"morning Ella,"  Micky said in a bitter tune from across the table, resting his arms on the rough wooden table. "How was your first night? " he picked at the sausages on his tray, his damp blonde hair falling over his forehead in waves. Ella grinned, looking pleased with the initiation of the conversation. "It... wasn't too bad. My bed was so uncomfortable, though! They could at least get mattresses that aren't stuffed with concrete!"

Micky laughed hesitantly. Ella smiled in her pageant queen way, all charm, and Richie's brow furrowed. He knew that smile, that mask the pretty brunette wore. She had worn it regularly in the first few weeks after she and stan broke up for the first time and again after they chapstick or lipstick fight. The fear of looking foolish, he guessed, outweighed any of her other feelings. Pride was Ella's fatal flaw, in his opinion. 

Richie turned back into Micky and Ella's conversation. Well, he tuned in to Micky. The blonde notices the smart-mouthed boy staring and touches his lips; butterflies were unleashed in Richie's stomach at the small movement. He noticed Ella eyeing the boy across from them as well, coyly looking up at him from beneath her thick lashes. Richie rolled his eyes. Maybe jealously wasn't precisely what he was feeling.

"Really? you look more like a rock and roll type of guy," the brunette says precariously. "No, ABBA is my number 1!" The blonde folds a strand of hair behind his ear and giggles. abruptly Bill tosses his tray on the table and sits down beside Micky. "Who shit in your shoe?" the dark-haired boy asks. Bill rolls his eyes at riches comment, "this place is so b-boring the only thing to do here is eating and s-swimming." the stuttering boy huffs.

"I agree this place is shit," Ella chimes in. The brunette looks over at Richie and cant to help but notice his eyes darting back and forth at the blonde sitting across from him but chooses to ignore it "you know what, we should go hang out in the woods tonight," the blonde takes Ellas away from her thought startling her with his soft voice. The little crowd of four likes Mickeys thought and began discussing the night in the forests down by the lake.

Sitting nearby was Stanley and Beverly, who were having their own conversation about what happened after Stanley made his way out of the shower cabin, noting that the sky was much brighter than when he entered the windowless building. He stood there motionless for a moment, filling his lungs with the clear morning air. Andrew came out a few minutes later; he was one of the quiet kids who Stanley had befriended one the first day, he was fumbling with the buckle to his overalls. The dark-haired boy smiled when he met Stanley's eyes, leaving the buckle undone. "Wanna blow one before breakfast?" Stan grinned mischievously, wriggling his eyebrows. Andrew laughed, motioning towards the treeline, "Of course, man, how about right over there?"

Stan shook his head, nodding up past the girl's cabin, into the thicker part of the forest, "the cook is up already. He'll look for any reason to get you in trouble." Andrew spoke, "Old guy. goes by the name of Vulture World War II vet, you know? Real hardass. He thinks anybody that's too young to get the senior discount is too young for anything." The slim boy began walking up the dirt path, shoving his hands in his pockets and looking back at Stanley, who started following him mindlessly.

"So his name is Vulture?" Andrew shook his head at Stans question, glancing up at the girl's newly lit cabin. "His name is Vin Buchanan. He's worked here since the camp opened in the sixties," he glanced over his shoulder, way down to the other end of the valley where the mess hall sat undisturbed. "He especially thinks lowly of the boys, though. His daughter Kate is the camp nurse. I think she's the reason he believes every guy is some villain trying to steal women's virtue." Stan laughed, so spaced off in imagining this Vulture character that he didn't notice the figure coming upon them.

His eyes fell on Ella. She met his gaze right away. He quickly tries to put out the blunt but fails. "what are you doing?" she said violently, "Y-you look nice in this color; it really brings out your-"  Ella burst out in manic laughter, cutting Stanley off, which causes fear to flow through his body she then looks down at her feet- she managed to stop laughing. "I should have known you were into this shit." and then storms off to the mess hall without another word.

"I'm such an idiot," Stanly groans with his hand in his face. Beverly rests her hand on his back in a sympathetic way. "hey, you two have gotten into many fights before and made up, remember the great lipstick or chapstick battle of 93'." suddenly, what first appeared to sound like weeping shifted into laughter.

Beverly looks at Stanley, confused for a moment; Stanley could only speak a few words through all the laughter. "I'm too high to be sad right now" were all the words he could say before he proceeded to roar, which caused everybody else in the mess hall to stare at the two.