Accident [Sapnap]

I wrote this when i was sick , probably going to regret writing this chapter after i've recovered 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was an accident , you swore

That was what you told him, anyway – apologetic smile and all, but he seemed all too flustered to take note of it.

How Sapnap fell for you was completely beyond your knowledge. You weren't anything great, really, but you weren't exactly a reticent nobody either. "Normal" would've probably been the the word your friends would describe you as and of course , they were right. You were normal. You didn't stand out in a crowd. You weren't ignored by everyone. You had your own group of friends, decent grades enough to satisfy you, an easy-going life – you were, quite literally, mediocre at best. But your personality was probably the dullest thing about you; it was too normal. You weren't an author by any means, but if you were, the best way to summarise your personality would definitely be "half-assed". You felt as if you didn't try hard enough.  Didn't try hard enough to be an interesting person, maybe. That you didn't try hard enough to become the person that everyone had expected of you. You just didn't try.

So it was nothing but perplexing to you when Sapnap– had confessed to you. Thinking back, the whole scene looked like something that was ripped off from a cheesy shoujo manga. When Sapnap had politely asked you to meet him after school was over, you had the impression that he wanted to fight with you. Neither of you interacted very much; you both didn't even acknowledge each other's presence, so whatever reason he had to meet up with you – it had to be something bad. You didn't know what it was, but that was the stupid conclusion you came up with.

And then the unimaginable happened: he bowed, eyes shut tight, cheeks vibrantly red and yelled in the loudest voice you'd ever heard from him.

"I-i like you" And then quietly, "Please go out with me. If you want to. Please."

You staggered. He said 'please' twice...?!

And after weeks of contemplating, you finally gave him your answer; a quiet, shy, 'yes' but it was enough for him to set his heart flying. You can't exactly remember what brought you on to accept his profession of love, but that single moment; that precious, significant, thing – is what brought us here today.

*

That confession was a long time ago, all the way from your first year of high school. The both of you were adults now, nearing graduation of college.

"Let's get married" you suddenly blurted 

A long, uncomfortable, pause. And then: "...What?"

"I was kidding!" You quickly exclaimed, a nervous laugh following. You rubbed the back of your head, smiling timidly. "It was an accident, y'know! I'm just saying things that don't make sense. Sorry about that."

He stays quiet again, head facing down to the cement sidewalk. You don't miss the blush on his face. "Do you mean that?" Are you sure you want to marry me?

That catches you off-guard – something that Sapnap was very good at. You remain quiet, head looking down at your feet, his words ringing in the back of your head. He watches you with concentrating eyes; patient. An uncharacteristic trait from him in comparison to his usual hot-tempered demeanour.

Do you mean that?

"I mean, yeah," You keep your head down low. "I'm probably not the most romantic, and that... I'm, you know, half-assed but—"

"Is that what you think?" Sapnap intervenes abruptly.

you confusingly blink. "H-Huh?"

"You're not half-assed," he grumbled; it was quiet but loud enough for you to catch it. "I'm not even sure what you mean when you say that, but you aren't... half-assed. You're whole-assed."

What does that even mean?!

He takes his hands and cups them on both sides of your cheeks, gently pushing you to meet him. The first thing you saw was his eyes; it had looked pretty under the moonlight. It shined brighter. Sapnap pulled you closer, forehead touching. "I don't think you're half-assed. I don't know what brought you on to say that, but you're far from half-assed. Everything about you is what makes you yourself, and I love everything you have to show me. Please remember that."

"H-huh?"

"And yes," he continues, "I want to marry you."

Finding it unbearable to speak, you buried your head in his neck in your state of bashfulness. A huge smile breaks on your hidden face, and that doesn't get unnoticed from him.

Holding you close, he smiles back.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╔══♡══ღ═══════╗

𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕪 𝕗𝕒𝕧𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥

╚═══════ღ══♡══╝