it'll be fine [Ranboo]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was quiet. In the dark abyss of the room, the light of the small television screen flickered, and a long forgotten film played without any sounds. The curtains which would've been drawn by normal and sane people, were left pulled open like they had been during the day. This meant that rays of street lights peaked through the curtains and onto the floor of the room. Beside the king single bed in the room, there was a bedside table. On top of that bedside table laid a phone. The phone's light was radiating on the brightest screen setting and notes of strummed guitars, and piano, in the form of lofi hip hop genre music, played softly. [Name] laid on their back as they stared at the ceiling of their dark room with wide eyes. Their arms were settled on their stomach and fingers were interwoven together.

you looked like a dead body in a coffin whom's eyes were open and uncomfortable and creepy to stare at.

your friend,  Ranboo , laid beside them .He laid on his left side, facing you. His left arm was underneath his head, his eyes were closed, and his breathing was even. He was in perfect tranquility, finding solace in the peace which surrounded them. He was the exact opposite to how you were beside him felt.

For the next few moments, they laid still in silence as they had been so far. Then, the silence seemed to be shattered without any words or the introduction of any new sounds. All it took for the silence to disappear was a glance.

Momentarily, [Name]'s eyes flickered towards him before they shifted back to the ceiling above their heads.

Ranboo's eyes snapped open and became fixated on [Name] in an intense gaze.

you ignored his gaze.

For the next few moments, they stayed like that; Ranboo stared at [Name], and you stared at the ceiling above your heads.

It was silent, literally, because nothing was said or being done. However, both of them knew that since your mere glance, silence had fled from their fingertips and now, it was merely a fleeting dream.

Their eyes spoke in the lengths of millions. But, when it came down to it, it was summarized in a few words.

"[Name]?" Ranboo called out in a whispered voice.

The [h/c] haired did not fail to notice how that his voice was deep and calming instead of his usual awfully cheery one. The best way to describe it was that if the saying 'the calm before the storm' had a certain note or a pitch attached to it, his voice in the moment, would be it.

[Name] knew that there was no use in dancing around the truth. After all, Ranboo was disgustingly observant.

So, you did what you always did when they were alone together; let it loose, and speak only the truth.

"Is it worth it?" [Name] asked,  voice etched with desperation.

Ranboo did not need to think twice about his answer. Gently, he slid his right hand along [Name]'s left arm, before he grasped your hand with his.

He intertwined their fingers together and squeezed your hand softly in reassurance.

"Yes," Ranboo said simply, causing a bitter-sweet smile to appear on [Name]'s lips.

[Name] tightened their grip on Ranboo's hand, knowing with certainty that as long as you have him, you would be fine.

"Thank you," you said, and the silence commenced once again. Only this time, it was a serene solace for them both.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╔══♡══ღ═══════╗

𝕤𝕒𝕪 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣

╚═══════ღ══♡══╝