Chapter 35

Roman's pov

I parked the car in front of my apartment.

When I wanted to get out, I stopped dead in my tracks as I looked at Rita. Her head leaned against the window while her eyes were closed, she was sleeping.

Leaning closer to her, I brushed the hair back from her face. She looked so beautiful. Every time I touched her, kissed her or just looked at her beautiful face, I hesitated to let her go — the selfish part of me wanted her to stay.

But I knew better. I had to let her go. If Antonio found out I didn't kill her, he would kill her before he would kill me.

I also knew that she wanted freedom all her life. She was her father's prisoner all her life. I had not intention of stepping in her fathers footsteps. I wouldn't take her freedom away by keeping her for my own selfish needs and desires.

She deserved to be free. She deserved to be happy. She deserved some peace. And I knew I could give her neither of those if she stayed with me. Living in fear every day — scared that Antonio would find out she was with me — she wouldn't have a single day of peace.

Therefore, letting her go was best. Then, she would be safe, happy and free. She deserved someone better than me anyway, she deserved a man could offer her a normal life.

Another man.

Jaw clenched. I wished the best for her. Still, I felt mad at the thought of another man touching her. Even just thinking about another man touching her drove me crazy.

I laughed bitterly at my own madness. I never thought I'd be possessive over a woman, but I was. Though, I became more than possessive, I became addicted.

She was my new addiction.

My hands itched to touch her every time I saw her. I wanted to kiss her every time she smiled happily at me. I wanted to fuck her every time she looked at me innocently.

She tasted so addictive, like a drug I couldn't get out of my system. I tried a lot of drugs, from crystal meth to marijuana, but none of them made my body ache as it ached for her.

I longed for her. I craved her. And I knew I had to let her go before my addiction to her would turn me into a selfish bastard, and I refused to let her go.

Sighing, I got out of the car and walked over to her side to pick her up. When she was in my arms, she snuggled closer to my chest.

I entered the building and went to my apartment. She felt so right in my arms, as if she belonged there. Cussing, I shook my head, trying to get a grip on myself. She should just be a fling. But she was becoming more than only a fling.

When I entered my apartment with her in my arms, I went up the stairs and went to my bedroom. Putting her gently on my bed, I caressed her face and pecked her lips.

She woke up as I had kissed her lips. "Roman," she muttered, looking sleepily around before looking back at me confused. "Weren't we in the car?"

"We were," I said, pulling her closer to kiss her soft plumb lips, "I carried you as you looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you up."

I kissed down her neck before snuggling my head in the crook of her neck and inhaling her scent. I didn't know what it was with her, but everything about her was addicting.

Her skin always felt smooth and soft, making me want to run my fingers down her body. Her body was perfect. The sex was perfect.

First, I thought my body craved for her because the sex with her was just fantastic. But I thought wrong. I wanted her not only because of her looks or the great sex we had, I wanted her because she made me feel less of a monster.