Prologue

Thanks to the fall of Beacon, several of the teams studying there have disappeared. Their bodies have not been found anywhere, and they have been left for dead.

Also the kingdoms have been massacred by the Grimm, being them the new dominant species although there are still small groups of humans trying to survive.

So now almost everything is forest and nature, and small tribes and hidden enclaves have had to be made so that the Grimms don't find them, at least not so easily. And if the Grimm start to attack they will be ready thanks to their tall wooden forts.

But you're not here for me to summarize what happened in those old days, are you? You're only here for the story of Y/N.

Well then let me start from the begining...

Your POV

I was with my mother in the center of the small town, where we lived happily, to buy food and various other things, since tonight we would have a family reunion, and my mother had become obsessed with the idea of ​​having a banquet.

My mother told me to go get the food and she would take care of the rest and that we would meet at the same place after we bought everything.

I nodded and went to a shop, but when I was about to grab an apple I heard several desperate screams in the distance. I was also able to hear some strange growls from an animal that I couldn't recognize.

I drop the apple with a thud when it hits the ground. I run towards the exit of the store. A large crowd of people was running away in terror from something.

When they approached me they pushed me without thinking twice, falling to the ground as a consequence. I crawled back in, got up and looked at what all those people were running to.

Everything was chaos, there were shadows approaching but before I could even process everything what was happening someone grabs my arm while running, almost making me fall to the ground.

When I looked up it was my mother, her face had the anguish that all this caused her. I had never seen her run so fast in my life.

She came into the house and pushes me into my room. "Mom? What's going on!?" I said with tears about to come out.

"Honey... You're going to hide in this closet" She said as she desperately searched for something. "I'll come back for you later, understood?"

I didn't want to pay any attention to what she had told me. I want her to stay, explain to me what's going on... And hopefully understand it...

She grabbed my arm and ushered me into my closet. She looked at me one last time with a little sadness. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek. 

"Don't worry, I'll be back. I promise"

"You promised..."

"YOU LIAR!"

I never liked promises, you know? They seem so absurd and unnecessary. Everyone do them to break them later... It almost seems that they do them to make others suffer. 

*sob*

...T-they are just idiots...