Chapter 1

Your POV

Suddenly, I jump in my seat as I come back to reality. That was three years ago... But I feel like it happened yesterday.

Oh yeah... I was sitting in the van, which I've been sleeping in every night, while watching the sunset. I guess I stayed in my thoughts. I'm not sleepy, so I might as well take a little late night walk.

I open the door and jump out of the old truck, landing on grass that's almost up to my ankles. I look around me. Vehicles that were crashed by people who tried to flee by highway and failed. They are completely useless now.

Moss and vines have taken over all the buildings. And honestly I really miss humanity, who knows if there are still people out there.

But what makes me think the most is how those... things?... haven't come for me yet. What's more, I haven't seen them since they attacked, they left without a trace and didn't come back.

I keep moving slowly. A small breeze moves my hair. My footsteps are the only thing that can be heard. I raise my arm and drag my hand up the walls of the buildings. I live the same every day, I'm longing for something, anything, to change.

The street is suddenly cut off by a large forest that is beginning to gain territory and destroy the town more than it is. Normally when I got here I would turn around and come back but... I REALLY want something new to happen.

I could keep waiting until fate gives it to me but I'm getting impatient, I don't want to wait anymore and do the same as a good girl. I am going, for the first time, to make a new decision and face the fear that I have of whatever is there, be it good or bad.

Who knows if fate has put something that should find me in the forest and maybe tomorrow it won't be there. I don't want to be a coward all my life.

And without thinking about it, I took the first step and ventured into that mysterious forest.

𝓙𝓸𝓲𝓷 𝓤𝓼On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara