Door

Chara is busy flicking rock into the water.

They have been stuck in front of the entrance of the mines for a long time now. All because Gandalf can't seem to understand the riddle written on the rock doors.

All the while, she can feel Legolas gazing at her, full of hatred and hostility.

Elfs.

They were known to be immortal. Not threatened by any illness or poison. The only thing that can kill and elf is 'extreme violence'. In other words, 'Chara'.

Suddenly, Frodo got up, and said something to Gandalf, who answered with the words 'melon', which he said with a very weird dialect. This cause the door to open, and they walked inside, listening to the dwarve holding an axe brag about his kin, and how they are going to receive a warm welcome.

Chara was the last one to enter, looking back behind her at the water, where a very big but cowardly monster is hiding, intimidated by something.

The door closed behind her as she entered, and Gandalf did a little something with his want to lighten the place up.

There were corpses. Many, many dead bodies of dwarves, all rotten beyond recognition.

The braggy dwarve from earlier wailed his lungs out, yelling "NOOOOO."

As they entered into the mines, they got lost, and decided to rest for a while.

But then, Frodo saw something. Somekind of figure, crawling on all fours.

A loud bang suddenly shocked everyone, and the rock near the figures feet seems to explode.

Everyone look around until Gandalf said,

"Looks like it need more work into it."

He was holding a long gun. Courtesy of Chara's knowledge and ideas.

Noticing everyone's gaze, Gandalf chuckled before explaining it was a new magic staff that makes explosion.

A simple explanation. For a not so simple thing.

 For a not so simple thing

Anyway...

They continued their journey after Gandalf picked a 'safe' route using his nose.

"Remember Frodo, when in doubt, use your nose."

The place was quite, and not a single enemy can be seen. They came upon a room, or a tomb, to be exact. The dwarve from earlier wailed again when he find out the owner of the grave. At the same time, one of the twins, Peregrin Took, accidently knocked off a corpse wearing a metal armor down a deep well.

The noise from his mistake resonated trough the entire mine, alerting some enemies, and awakening something else.

"Wizard guy." Chara called to Gandalf, who immediately understood her intentions.

"We must go, quick!" But before the fellowship can do anything, Legolas told them to barricade the door.

A horde of orcs are coming.

He looked at the demon. She is just sitting there on the tomb disrespectfully.

"Tch!" He drawed his bow, ready to fight.