3

╰┈➤ ❝ J U S T  A  F R I E N D ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Man, oh, man, you're my best friend

I scream it to the nothingness

There ain't nothing that I need

[Home - Edith Whiskers]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

< Theodore >

I shot up, alarmed, when I saw Isabel run out of the hall and didn't hesitate in going after her. I had no idea where she would go. I took random rights and lefts, my footfalls echoing in the empty hallways. In the distance, I heard quiet sniffles and sobs. I followed the sounds to another empty hallway, barely lit by a couple of mounted torches. I squinted my eyes and spotted a small figure curled up in a ball on the ground. Isabel.

I rushed to her side and dropped to my knees next to her. I pulled her into my arms.

"Theo, they hate me," she cried, "they all hate me. This stupid mark-"

She rolled up her left sleeve, revealing a scar where the dark mark once was. Before she could do anything, I cupped her face.

"Shh, bubs, you're okay," I consoled, "I'm here, I'm here, Iz."

She collapsed onto my chest and cried into my robes.

"I wish I could've done something to stop it from happening," she hiccuped.

"There's nothing you could've done, Isabel. If you refused, Voldemort would've killed you and you wouldn't be here with me today. You had no choice."

I stroked her hair comfortingly as she eventually calmed down. She nuzzled her face into my chest. I tightened my grip around her, her shaking body slowly becoming still.

"I love you okay?" I said, kissing her head, "I'm not leaving you ever."

We stayed like that for a couple minutes before she whispered, "Thank you Theo."

I wiped away the tears from her and tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Come on, let's go back to dinner." I helped her stand up and we began our journey back to the Great Hall.

When we were outside the Hall, she stopped abruptly. Concerned, I looked back at her petite figure, her head bowed down.

"I can't go in there," she whispered.

"Iz-"

"No please Theo, don't make me go back in there... please," she pleaded.

I placed my hands on her shoulders and said: "Isabel, I saw what they were doing, and I won't make you go back there. But how about you come and sit with me on the Slytherin table? Believe it or not, the Slytherins are more accepting of our pasts since a lot of them can relate."

She looked up, almost deciding whether she should, before clasping my hand in hers. I squeezed her hand gently and led her over to our seats. She sat down next to me, Draco taking a seat next to her, and looked around at my housemates shyly.

< Draco >

I watched as Isabel ran out of the Great Hall. Theo immediately started to run after her.

I approached the Hufflepuff table and glared at the girls who were smirking back at me.

"Do you want to tell me what the fuck just happened back there?" I didn't hesitate in letting the bitterness roll off my tongue.