12

╰┈➤ ❝ R I S E  A N D  F A L L  T O G E T H E R ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Still, no matter where I go

At the end of every road

You were good to me

[you were good to me – Jeremy Zucker]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

< Isabel >

We entered The Three Broomsticks and sat at a table in the corner. I took a seat next to Theo, Draco opposite me next to Blaise and Pansy dragged a chair from another table and sat at the head.

"Have you had breakfast bub?" Theo whispered into my ear.

I shook my head and watched as he ordered five butterbeers and some pancakes for me since he knew it was my favourite. The others ordered themselves small snacks too before resuming their conversations. I, however, didn't talk, just tuned in to whatever they were saying. I looked around and my eyes fell on Draco's hand that was laying on the table. His fingers were adorned in shining silver rings of all different shapes and sizes. I gazed at them in awe until he tapped his fingers on the table to grab my attention.

"Admiring my hand are you Iz?" he smirked.

"No...I..I really like your rings," I replied.

"Why thank you love," he said, smiling at me, "I do like my rings quite a lot, too."

"I can tell," I chuckled, "can I see?"

"Sure, be my guest." He held out his hand which I took and admired each one of his rings, twisting them around his finger.

"I like this one," I said, pointing to a particular silver ring shaped as a snake with an emerald jewel in the middle of it.

"I quite like that one too," he said, looking into my eyes, and replied smugly: "It represents my house pride."

"Oh but this one is beautiful!" I gasped.

He followed my gaze to the ring I was staring at, wide-eyed. At plain sight, it was an ordinary silver band but upon closer inspection, the band widened slightly in the middle and was dotted with minuscule glass diamonds.

"This one has to be my favourite," Draco said, "see the little diamonds in the middle? They make up the constellation I was named after, Draco. It's a tradition for firstborns in the Black family to be named after constellations. One tradition that I'd actually like to maintain."

He mumbled the last sentence but I caught it. A hint of anger (or was it sadness?) clouded his eyes for a mere second and disappeared as he looked back up at me, smiling.

"Yeah, astronomy has never been my strong point," I laughed, "I love the subject, hence why I still take it, but I'm awful at it. I have to ask Theo or Hermione for help on the assignments most of the time."

"Same can't be said for smart boy over here," Theo interrupted, "this guy's a genius when it comes to astronomy."

"Correction, Nott, you'll find I'm a genius across all my subjects." He leaned back onto his chair, crossing his arms, with a proud smile overtaking his lips.

Our laughter was soon broken up by the waitress bringing over our tray of food and drinks. Theo handed me my plate of food along with my butterbeer. I picked up my fork, staring down at my plate, before slowly cutting a small piece of the pancake with my fork. I toyed with it, suddenly losing my appetite.