4

╰┈➤ ❝ H E R  L I F E L I N E ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

There is a swelling storm

And I'm caught up in the middle of it all

[Waves – Dean Lewis]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

< Isabel >

I walked calmly through the fields, the soft blades of grass tickling in between my bare toes. The sun shone down on my face balancing with the cool breeze. I laid down on my back and watched the clouds move ever so slowly, forming different shapes.

"Isabel! Isabel?"

I shot up from my position. I know that voice.

"Iz!"

That was Nat's voice. I'd know her voice anywhere. I started running in the direction of her voice.

"Izzy!"

Cedric? He was the only person who called me Izzy.

"Belle!"

Theo.

I sped up, running past boulders and trees and streams until I came to a halt. It had grown darker. The sun had hidden behind dark thunder clouds. Everything around me, all the plants and trees, became wilted and dead, leaving me in an open area of nothingness.

I looked around me and gasped at what was ahead of me. There, in front of me, lay the dead bodies of Natalie, Cedric, and Theodore. I screamed in horror at the sight of them. I tried to turn around and run away but it was as if I had been Petrified; I couldn't move at all. I squeezed my eyes shut in hope that it would just disappear, but it didn't.

"Nat! Ced! Theo!" I screamed in pain.

I shot up from the bed, sweating with tears streaming down my face. My breathing was fast and heavy. I couldn't stop shaking.

"Isabel, Isabel bub, can you hear me?" I looked around me. Theo was sat up beside me and Draco was sitting in front of me, both with concerned looks on their faces.

< Theodore >

I wrapped my arms around her shaking body and felt her flinch but relax as she realised it was just me. She curled up against me and I held her tightly, whispering comforting words into her ear.

"Aguamenti," I heard Draco whisper from where he was standing by his bedside table.

He turned back around and perched on the edge of my bed, holding a glass of water and a small vial of potion.

"Isabel?" he called.

She whimpered against me, tightening her grip around my torso.

"It's okay Belle, it's just Draco, look," I calmed her.

She hesitantly looked straight at Draco and I felt her body ease a little.

"Hey Iz, I've got some water and calming draught for you," he said, gently as if not to scare her.

She slowly loosened her grip around me and took the water from him. I watched as she drank it all and set the glass down beside her.

"Here you go, just a few small sips of this should do," he said, handing her the vial of calming draught.