6

╰┈➤ ❝ T H E  R E M E M B R A N C E  H A L L ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

It's okay

I know someday I'm gonna be with you

[It's Ok - Tom Rosenthal]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

< Isabel >

We entered the class and I looked around warily until I locked eyes with Theo who gestured for me to sit in the empty chair next to him. Draco sat behind us next to another Slytherin, Adrian Pucey, who I recognised from death eater meetings. He smirked at me, looking me up and down, but I just ignored him and shrugged it off.

"Morning eighth years! And welcome back!" McGonagall greeted, after transfiguring from her cat self, "I understand that after the events of the last couple years, most of you will not have even remembered what we did manage to cover last year, hence why I'm repeating last year's curriculum. In today's lesson, I want you to recap the transfiguration spells from last year. Go through the textbook and practise ones that you are confident with."

There was a rustling as everyone retrieved their Transfiguration textbooks and flicked through the pages. We got to work casting spells and watching ourselves succeed. McGonagall walked around the class, observing our work. She paused at my table a little while longer.

"Isabel, can you step outside for a moment with me please?" she said. I glanced subtly at Theo who was nodding slightly at me.

I got up and followed her out the room. Closing the door behind me, I turned to meet her concerned face.

"Isabel, I hope you don't mind but your friend Mr Malfoy did come to me expressing his concerns for you," she said, "is there anything you wish to tell me?"

I directed my gaze to the ground and fiddled with my fingers, contemplating whether I tell her or not.

"I've just been having a hard time... being back at Hogwarts without certain people," I mumbled.

"You're referring to Natalie, aren't you?"

I nodded my head slowly, not daring to raise my eyes.

"Everyone hates me because of my parents," I said, "but no one understands that it wasn't my choice to get the dark mark."

"It's alright Isabel," Professor McGonagall consoled, rubbing my shoulders, "and not everyone hates you; I see you've made friends with some Slytherins?"

I nodded.

"How about you come by my office after your classes today... I've got something that I think you might like," she said, smiling, "you can bring Mr Nott and Mr Malfoy with you too. Oh and Isabel? Don't blame yourself over something you had no choice over. And if anyone decides to give you any trouble, don't hesitate in confiding in me, okay?"

I nodded once again and followed her back into the classroom. I noticed Theo and Draco staring at me curiously, wanting to know what that was all about.

"McGonagall said she's got something to show me after classes. She said you two can come along too," I said, feeding their curiosity, "And Draco?"

He looked at me knowingly.

"Thank you for caring."

"You're one of us now Iz, 'course I care," he smiled.

The bell rang and we packed our stuff away. I was walking out with Theo and Draco when I glanced back at the Professor who was smiling at me. I gave her a small smile and hurried to reach Theo. I looped my arm with his as we walked down to Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures. He led us to the edge of the Forbidden Forest where the trees were evenly spread, allowing for a vast amount of sunlight to shine onto the clearing.