𝙃𝙖𝙬𝙠 / 𝙃𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮

Today I woke up excited but I wasn't certain why. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that it was my birthday. I was turning 17 and I couldn't be more excited. I took a quick shower and changed into my clothes for today. I put on a y/f/c sundress. I didn't bother with shoes yet since I woke up extra early because it is my birthday. I did my hair and makeup. Then I put on my favourite earrings and my usual rings. I ran down the stairs expecting to see the place decorated and my parents making breakfast but instead, I found a note on the kitchen island saying that they both were called into work today. I was a bit disappointed but I quickly cheered up with the idea that my friends were waiting. I quickly grabbed my shoes and put them on. I realized I had 5 minutes to eat so I decided to eat in my car. I grabbed a muffin, my backpack, and my leather jacket. I hopped into my car and drove off.

~

When I arrived I quickly parked and got out of the car. I ran towards school and checked out my schedule. I walked calmly towards my locker but from the inside, I was screaming with excitement. Birthdays were the best. I mean, what is not to love? You get cake, presents and you get to command everyone to do what you want.

"Hey, babe!" I said to Hawk who was standing in front of my locker.

"Hey," he said giving me a quick peck on the cheek. "I'm sorry I know that we had agreed to go on a date together tonight but something came up." He said not looking me in the eye.

"Oh," I mumbled, "It's fine something came up for me too," I said putting a fake smile on.

"Ok thanks. See you at lunch" he said starting to walk away.

"Don't you have anything else to say?" I asked hopefully. I mean, my boyfriend has to remember my birthday right?

"Oh yeah you look hot today" and with that, he was off with a smirk on his handsome face. I stood there with some disappointment on my face but quickly recomposed myself. Miguel was my best friend in the world, like a brother actually, surely he would remember...? I stood there thinking for so long that I had missed the bell.

"Shit" I muttered as I ran towards the class. "Sorry I'm late," I said out of breath.

"It is fine, just take your seat" I nodded in thanks and sat in my seat next to Miguel. "Hey" I whispered.

"Hey," he said and with that, he turned around towards our teacher. I sat there taken aback.

~

For the rest of my lessons, I just stayed by myself and concentrated on my lessons. If my friends didn't remember my birthday I should at least get good grades. When the bell for lunch rang I didn't even bother going to the cafeteria. I didn't feel like being around people that I loved but had forgotten my birthday. I walked towards my car and just sat in it. I put on my birthday playlist and just sat there.

"Happy fucking birthday to me" I whispered. I closed my eyes and found myself lost in the music. Suddenly I heard tapping on the window and I woke up from my trance. I turned to see hawk standing there asking if he could come in. I nodded as a sign that it was ok and switched playlists to my usual playlist.

"Hey princess what are you doing here alone? Why aren't you at the cafeteria" he asked? I just shrugged. If he didn't remember my birthday I sure as hell wasn't going to remind him. "Did I fuck something up?" he asked. Yes, yes you did. You forgot my fucking birthday you idiot. Was all I wanted to say.

"No, I'm fine I just got a little headache and wanted to listen to some music alone to help my headache" I lied instead. I had gotten good at lying and don't even ask me how.

"Oh, are you ok? Do you need to go to the nurse" he asked worriedly.

"I'm fine it will be over in a bit" I assured him.