Three

"I still don't understand," Chubs said, fixing his glasses.

"I know, Chubs, it's still hard to process," I responded.

I officially joined the group a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, it has been one hell of a ride. To be honest, I thought I was going to be kicked out for being a Red, but they wanted me to stay. Zu was ecstatic, Liam was secretly glad, and Chubs even liked me enough for me to call him by that name.

"I mean, yeah, it's weird. We haven't seen any Reds or Oranges in Caledonia. Either there weren't any, which is almost impossible, or something happened to them. And, I don't know, I guess I didn't want to suffer the same fate."

Chubs nodded his head in understanding.

"We won't let that happen," He assured.

********

After a few hours on the road, I started to doze off. It's not much, but it's the longest I have ever slept since camp. Suddenly, I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I woke up to see Zu hugging something against her chest. I smiled at her as she ripped a piece of paper out of her notebook and handed it to me.

I took the drawing with a smile. It was a simple, lily flower. Its petals were not the same size, and the lines weren't straight, but I didn't care at all. I turned to her.

"It's beautiful, Zu, thank you. I'll keep it with me forever."

Zu grinned at my comment and reached out for a hug. I chuckled and embraced her in my arms, hugging her sides. We turned away, returning to what we were previously situated.

We sat in comfortable silence until Liam stopped the car. Everyone looked at him in confusion, and he turned to me.

"Do you know how to drive by any chance?"

I immediately shook my head, "I never learned how to. Why? What's wrong?"

Liam chuckled at my curiosity, "Nothing. It's just ... If you could drive, maybe the two of us can alternate driving. I can't drive us everywhere, right?"

"No, Lily. I really don't think this is a good idea," Chubs told me.

"You can't see more than ten feet in front of your face. Zu can't drive, and I'm going to get tired once in a while," Liam defended.

"I wear glasses, so that part is obvious!"

"Out of everything, you focus on that part?" I asked, crossing my arms and staring at him.

"No, but -"

"You do know your vision changes, right?" Liam added.

"Really, I haven't noticed," Chubs exclaimed sarcastically.

"Okay, Blue. Cool down." I joked.

"I am cool. I'm always cool because technically blue is a cool color -"

As Chubs rambled on, I stared at Liam incredulously, with a look saying Was he always like this?

Liam nodded his head and made a face, which caused me to chuckle silently.

"Green is also a cool color. Yellow and Red are warm colors. So, there's your random fact of the day. So we have two cool colors and two warm colors," Chubs finished, and I slowly turned my head towards him, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"That was both the most impressive and the most random thing I have ever witnessed," I stated, which caused Liam to chuckle, and Chubs to roll his eyes.