24- You're a Deer

By the time I get home after stopping for dinner with Melanie, Blisse, and Edith, I only have an hour until the restaurant closes. I take a quick shower and curl my hair, then spend most of the time putting on makeup. The lingerie I bought today has really inspired me to go all out on my looks tonight.

A deep red lipstick, long pointy eyeliner, and a shiny highlight on my cheekbones and forehead. I put the lingerie on when I'm done with my hair and makeup, and I try to get used to seeing myself in something so sexual.

It's a tight tube of black lace that fits me like a mini dress, but it's completely see-through. The only part of my body that is completely hidden is the small part of my body underneath the matching black thong. At this point, I don't really even mind that much if Silas doesn't like it, because I feel absolutely phenomenal.

I wait until Silas texts me that he's done with work before I put on some lavender perfume and finish touching up my hair. It's already nighttime, so without putting clothes on, I slide my lightweight coat over the lingerie. It's somewhat short but covers most of my thighs. I put on the only pair of heels that I have here, which are only two-inch sandals, and I head for Silas's house with my heart beating a thousand miles a minute.

When I get to the house, Silas is at the door waiting for me.

"Wow," he exhales when he sees me. "You went to the mall like that?"

I smile at him as I walk past him and then say, "No," before I keep walking toward his bedroom. I have no idea what's gotten into me, but I think this lingerie has given me a burst of courage and confidence.

Silas follows me into the room and closes the door behind him. "I have something to tell you," he tells me, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What is it?" I ask, feeling worried for a moment. It would be so awkward if he has bad news and kills the mood that hasn't even been built up yet.

"I just want to tell you what I tell my friends," he says, and as I sit down beside him still wearing my coat, he puts his hand on my bare knee. "About you."

"I'm all ears," I smile at him.

"Just in case you do leave, I would regret not telling you how I feel about you," he continues. "I don't even know where to start though. Should I start with the first time I saw you, and I immediately texted Ramone I'd just seen the most beautiful girl? Or should I start when I made coq au vin and I was so nervous to see you again that I almost forgot to put in the wine. I mean, it's in the name for God's sake."

I can't stop smiling as he's talking, and my heart starts beating even faster than it already was. My entire body is vibrating as his big eyes stare right into mine.

"I told them that I love the way your hair always smells like oranges, and hearing you laugh is my favorite part of any day. I love everything about you, Maisie. I tell them, over and over, how head over heels I am for you. I'm sure there's a lot more I'm not thinking of right now, because I do talk about you a lot."

"I'm really into you too, Silas," I say in a small, weak voice. "I don't really talk to anybody about you, because my family would freak out and I don't really have any friends. But I was just as nervous to see you. If I had friends to talk to about you, I would tell them that you are the most handsome, smart, and kind person I've ever met. You have the biggest heart and I've never felt more like myself than I do when I'm with you."

"That wasn't so bad," Silas decides with a deep breath, a smile spreading across his face. He then glances down at what I'm wearing and he asks me, "Why are you still wearing your coat?"

Now feeling nervous again, I stand up from the bed. "I got something at the mall today I wanted to show you," I tell him, slowly unzipping the khaki coat. His eyes follow the zipper like a cat follows a laser.