1. At Taki's

Izzy's POV

        I decided to take Simon out to Taki's that day, hoping that something there will jog some of his memories....

        ....ugh, his memories. I was extremely sad about that. It was like talking to someone who had amnesia. Some days they would remember.......other days they don't even recognize you.

        Simon had never forgotten my name, thank God, but some days.....he just doesn't recognize something I say.

        Take the other day, for example. I asked him if he remembered turning into a rat that time we went to Magnus'. He then asked who Magnus was. I felt like I wanted to cry, and when I told this to my brother, Alec, all he said was that I needed to give him time. 

        But.....Simon's memory wipe was over six months ago. When Magnus' father, Asmodeus, completely erased Simon's mind of the Nephilim world.....including me.

        That was the hardest blow. Not being prominent in his mind. The first few days after that, I used to watch over him, making sure he was okay. He couldn't see me during those times......but, then again, I had my glamour on. I accidentally fell (don't think I do that often; because I don't), and when he turned around, he looked straight at me, except not really. More like he looked straight past me.

        Why couldn't he have been born with the Sight?

        But....back to reality.

        "Does this jog your memory even a little," I said, sounding more irritated than disappointed. 

        "No, not really. I feel more like there's some deja vu here, but.....I can't exactly remember what it was," Simon replied. "Uhh.....why? Is this a place where you and I used to hang?"

        "Yeah," I said quietly. "You could say that."

        "Hey, you know, I'm trying my best here. Nothing's gonna hit me all at once. I think that might hurt if it did," Simon said. 

        "Well, I kinda wish it did!" I yelled, making some of the warlocks, werewolves, vampires, and other "mythical" (at least, that's how the mundane see it.) creatures in the restaurant turn their heads to look at me. "I mean, it's kinda frustrating to see you not recognize a single thing; no restaurants, no pictures, no nothing! It's extremely hard because no matter what I say, you can't remember a single thing!"

        Simon was silent about a heartbeat. "Well, I'm sorry that I can't remember some of those things. And, besides, it's not like I don't know anything! I know that we're an item or whatever, I know that your personality is like this, being argumentative and whatever! But this....I don't feel like this is like you Izzy."

        Izzy....oh God, he hasn't called me that in over six months!

        "Don't call me that," I said.

       "What?" Simon looked confused. "Izzy? Isn't that what I always call you?"

       "Yeah, but.....look, just don't call me that. I don't need to give you a reason."

        "Uh, yeah, you do," he replied. "I'll keep calling you Izzy until you give me a logical explanation.....Izzy."

        You see, this was the problem with Simon. I guess he had been spending so much time with me, that I guess he started pick some attributes of mine up; that was my fault, I guess. 

        "You know I don't have a logical explanation," I said. 

        "Then I will call you Izzy," he replied.