10. Prisoners of War

Izzy's POV

"Fancy meeting you here," Jace said. My brother and his bad timing remarks.

It was a good thing Alec shut him up. "You idiot." I heard a very loud smack, presumably resonating from Jace's shoulder.

"Oh, Alec, this is quite amusing," Magnus' father said. "How you were almost there; making Jonathan here almost realizing your feelings said sternly, "now is not the time to be doing this, pointing out people's flaws..."

"I can't help it," Asmodeus sneered. I saw all of his sharp yellow teeth, fully realizing the malice that he holds within him, and I couldn't help but wonder how could Magnus possibly be related to him. I was so thankful that Magnus is so awesome.

"That doesn't matter," Magnus replied. "Congratulations, you've found us."

"Congratulations to me indeed," Asmodeus laughed. "And my prize is that I get to show you where Simon is."

All of us were silent. We didn't know what Asmodeus was really planning. Yet, we had no choice but to follow him.

"Oh," he said, "I almost forgot." He snapped his fingers, and I was able to see everyone again.

He turned to call one of his guards, presumably human. (I couldn't tell otherwise). "Walk behind them. Make sure none of them strays," Magnus' father told the mundane. "I don't want them wandering off on their own."

That pretty much killed any chance we had in escaping.

Asmodeus led us into the warehouse with the mundane guard close behind us. I mean, in terms of distance, the guard wasn't that far. Yet, he still was in close proximity to us that if we tried to escape, he could make a loud noise, and the ruler of Edom could kill us.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I've actually given you the location of the mundane," Asmodeus said. "I still don't understand why you think he's so valuable, but nevertheless, it's going to give me what I want."

"Father, what exactly do you want?" Magnus asked.

Asmodeus tilt his head back and let out an evil laugh. "What do I want? Son, I want a lot of things, but unfortunately for you, I always get what I want...don't even think about that."

I turned around, and I saw Jace trying to sneak out of the group. Asmodeus' guards prevented him from leaving, and all it took was one small snap of the demon's fingers to make Jace curl up in pain on the floor.

Clary stepped forward to rush to help him, but Asmodeus held up a finger. "Tsk, tsk. Clarissa Morgenstern, I don't think you should do that. Herondale here is experiencing what happens when you step or stray out of line. I don't think you want to end up like him either."

It actually looked like Clary was going to go help him anyway, but one glance at her mother dispelled all of that. Everyone knows how overprotective Jocelyn is, and you could practically feel that motherly protection radiate from across the room.

Clary instead asked timidly. "Could you make it stop then? Can't you see he's in pain?"

"Yes, I can, Clarissa," Asmodeus said. "However, it seems as though you have forgotten how much I relish in other's pain."

"Father," Magnus said with a warning in his eyes.

Asmodeus sighed in defeat. "Of course. I would do anything for my son."

"Could you just...not treat us like prisoners, then?" he asked.

"Well, maybe not everything," his father replied.