Chapter 8

*Your outfit*

*Your outfit*

"Listen Sid, this is an intervention, you need to tell us what's wrong" Harry said as we all sat in our compartment.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What has gotten you so upset? We gave you time like you asked but now we have to know" Indi said.

I stared at all of them and sighed, nodding in defeat.

"Fine. But you can't panic" I said.

"Panic? Why would we-"

"Promise. Promise that when you find out you can't freak out" I said sternly.

Everyone nodded their heads in understanding and I sighed once more, bracing myself.

"I was in a secret relationship with someone, since the start of third year. We were in love, happy, or so I thought. Just before the third task he said he said he didn't love me anymore and broke things off. That's why" I said, tears rolling down my cheeks as I steadied my breathing.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Indi asked.

"Because... it was Draco."

They all stared at her in shock, before a few tears ran down my face.

"What? Your bloody kidding right?!" Ron yelled furiously.

"Draco Malfoy? Really Astrid?" Harry said angrily.

"I-I'm" I sighed, sniffling while looking at the ground.

I had nothing to say. I knew this would have been their responses but it still hurt.

"C-can I talk to you girls outside, alone?" Indi asked.

"Y-yeah" I responded, Hermione and I following out of the compartment. 

We stepped outside and I had to ask the one question that was in my head.

"A-are you m-mad at me for dating Draco?" I asked tearfully, trying to hold back more.

"Of course not" Indi and Hermione said in unison.

"I think, we're just mad that you didn't tell us" Hermione said. "We would've supported you and we can keep a secret."

"Yeah, and I'm not like those dumbasses who wouldn't talk to you or yelled at you" Indi said. "And we could've helped you through the breakup."

"I-I'm sorry" I said, Indi and Hermione smiling and pulling me in for a well needed hug.

"Do you wanna sit somewhere else?" Hermione asked.

"Y-yeah" I replied, sniffling while walking ahead to find a carriage.

"We're going to come back with our stuff" Indi said.

"Yeah, wait here" hermione added and I nodded.

I sat and waited for a few minutes before they came back and sat down with all our stuff.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Indi asked, sitting beside me as Hermione sat opposite.

"Y-yeah" I said, explaining my relationship with Draco. All the good times, all the bad, all the funny and how it all ended.

I saw their eyebrows raise in shock at some of the things I said about the soft side of Draco I often encountered. Which would be funny if it wasn't such a tragic story.

Suddenly Fred and George opened the door, sticking their heads in.

"Can we talk to Astrid?" Fred asked.

"Please" George added.

I nodded and followed them to their own compartment a few down.

"You guys don't hate me do you? I can't lose more family because of this" I said, tears welling in my eyes again.

"I mean look, we won't understand your relationship choice but we don't hate you. Your one of my favourite siblings, I like you even more than George" Fred said making me giggle, sniffling a little.

"Yeah sis, you don't need to worry, we'll always have your back" George smiled and I returned the gesture, hugging them both tight.

"Thank you" I said. "I should get back to the girls, I'll see you soon."

They nodded and I walked back to the girls with a smile on my face.

"Sorted it out?" Indi smiled.

"Yeah" I replied, taking my seat next to her.

For the remainder of the trip I decided to sleep, enjoying the calm before the storm that is my brother and best friend.