Chapter 22: Cutting Ties, Coming Back

Kimmon

"Babe! Where have you been? I've been standing outside the University for almost an hour! I went to your condo because I thought you're already back." Pring screeched from inside as she cling on to my arm.

"Will you stop doing that?" I coldy asked, removing her hands on my arm.

I walked inside my room, dropping my things from my bed. I sat down on the couch and stretched my arms. A sudden hand began massaging my muscles.

"Have you eaten yet? Are you hungry? Do want something to drink? Do you need an–" I removed her hands by slapping it away.

"Can you just shut the fuck up and leave?" I uttered coldly as I started to raise my voice at her. Pring's face turned lugubrious.

"You're tired, take a rest na?" Pring mumbled. I stood up from annoyance and faced her.

"Yes, Pring. I'm fucking tired. Fucking tired from keeping this feelings for myself. I don't want to be tied with you. Pring, I don't love you anymore. I don't even know if I actually loved you or everything was just an infatuation. I don't want to be a thrall anymore. I might be a coward back then. But I, i'm already certain about my feelings. The one I want to be with was Copter, not you." I valiantly said, looking directly on her eyes with such coldness, anger and hatred.

Of course, I hate her. So much than you've expected.

"Kim.." she called out with such vulnerability visible on her tone.

"Cut the crap. Pring, you cheated on me. You even broke my trust. You also dumped me, remember? Why are you interfering with my life after what you've done? I'm already happy. But why the fuck did you show up and ruined everything?" I furiously shouted. Her eyes began to water, but honestly, I don't care at all.

"Because I regretted it. Kim, I love you. I want us to have another chance. I regretted cheating. I wasn't my intention to cheat. I was just–" she started sobbing as she uttered those sentences.

"You have the guts to say that it was not your intention to cheat. Pring, you can fool others but not me. I caught you three times but i'm only silent. I was too naive back then, but now that I realized that i'm just being played by you before, I won't let that happen again. And oh, you regretted it? Save your lies. I'm done hearing those." I, again, raised my tone at her.

Blaming her for every deteriorating things that happened, made me feel overwhelmed and somehow, freedom. If she didn't come back in the first place, then this thing wouldn't be happening.

She continued sobbing from the couch. Pring doesn't seem to move nor walk away.

I made my way through the door.

"If you're not going to leave, then I will." I uttered before leaving her behind, shutting the door with anger.

It was raining heavily outside, the droplets were brushing against my skin. My clothes are wet, everything was already wet. I don't even know if my phone would still work because it's soaking wet too.

"P'Kim?!" a sudden voice shouted from behind. I looked behind, and saw my cousin. "Bas," I mumbled.

He rushed his way towards me, covering my whole body using his umbrella. Then I saw a familiar person from behind.